Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

By registering with us, you'll be able to view our forums in full as well as discuss, share and private message other members of Behind The Gray. Why not join us now?
Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Fatigue Poll

Since your SAH do you suffer from fatigue  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Since your SAH do you suffer from fatigue

• YES
    • NO

Wonder why those 2 do not have fatigue???? 

Sometime's the fatigue's overwhelming! (It's like my 'get up and go' 'got up and went')

I'd like to know too! :)

Susan

• Like 1

Fatigue is the worst deficit I have. It limits my life in subtle ways. I can't plan anything that doesn't include a period of rest. A trip to the zoo with my grandson is out of the question. My day is typically over by lunch. And to make matters worse, no one seems to get it. Including the doctors. I eat well, allow plenty of time for sleep, try to exercise. So far it still plagues me.

• Like 2

I just can't keep up with anything anymore. It takes me so long to get myself ready to go somewhere that I'm exhausted by the time I've done it. People just don't get it.... Even my family will ask what have you done today to make you so tired...off on a family holiday next week (very large group of us) and very worried that I won't be able to contend with the heat and the pace of things. Just gonna take me a very long time to recover from my sah.

• Like 1

Just stop and have a sleep when needed and tell family you get so tired and your brain needs time to mend.

Those who love you will understand  xx I have to have a rest before going to bed lol.  I get so tired taking pills combing hair and then sitting while cleaning teeth then getting into bed then up again etc etc xx We Will All get there eventually.

Good luck Julie enjoy the most of it and when you need a rest have one xxx

Win xx xx

I still suffer with fatigue,

I stopped visiting my friends because of it, I can`t hold a long conversation anymore,

it just wipes me out.

I also find crowded places do the same, getting ready to go anywhere also,

it can be very exhausting.

When I feel like that I just have to try and switch myself off, some quiet time is good.

Trying to explain how you feel to people you feel should understand, can be difficult,

because they can`t see your brain injury they think you are fine.

I`m reading a book called A Dented Image at the moment, it was recommended to me

on BTG, I would highly recommend it, let your family read it, they could learn a lot from it.

Hope you enjoy your holiday, like Win said when you are tired take a rest.

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water also, it really does help.

Love

Michelle xx

• Like 2

I know,  I sleep a lot but my back is burning on my chair so bed is best place to be at present xx

I will buy a garden chair as meds are coming through pores..ha ha I nearly typed paws.

Moans about Docs and shuts up quick xx

Good night all ..watch I'll be back later ha ha  xxxx

I find dealing with fatigue really difficult, although not as difficult as trying to explain it to someone. Sometimes it is kind of sudden and overwhelming. When I mentioned to my Doc that I was struggling with fatigue, he just said 'push through it, you'll feel more tired if you give in to it'. Easier said than done !

• Like 1

Jan when on medication, I don't think they realise how much it takes out of us.

We have no other alternatives but to find some that don't tire us out so much.

I asked Consultant and he replied do you know more than Doctors, so I said "yes as it is my body going through it"  Grrr lol  makes me so mad.  He pooed pooed me though !!

Hope you feel better soon xx

Love

Win xx xx

• Like 2