BBC4 - Rupture, Living with a Broken Brain - Maryam d'Abo

Hi Everyone,

I watched this on i player. The statistics were quite startling weren't they? Maryam got some things spot on and others were jumping about a bit from subject to subject - but isn't that how some of us are - jumping around looking for answers from anywhere we think we can get a handle on our problems?

The operations made me feel a bit squeamish. I had coiling done and watching them made me think it was Dynorod in miniature!! It's no wonder that some who have to undego clipping suffer some wicked stuff afterwards.

The one common theme, throughout, I thought, was the angst and the question 'Why'

It was quite obvious that the experience had a profound effect on Maryam, perhaps because she was in a protective shell of a wealthy background and a previous life free of major problems and this knocked her off the perch with a jolt. She seems a lovely lady, but shocked that anything like this could happen to her. Ill health is no respector of wealth or background. Still, I identified with a number of her problems and some of her perspectives and I wish her well in her recovery. I wonder if anyone told her about this site - I don't expect so, do you?

Keep well everyone

Macca

• 3 weeks later...

I watched this for the second time yesterday as Andy had not seen it until then. I have to say that the second viewing was much better. Perhaps because I had no expectations of hearing about sah and recovery this time, the content was actually very good. If you still have it, I'd really recommend a second look!

• 3 weeks later...
My friend has just told me about a programme to be aired next week that might be interesting to watch:

BBC4, 22:00 Thursday 12th July - Rupture: Living with a Broken Brain. It's about Maryam d'Abo who was the Bond Girl in The Living Daylights. She suffered a sah in 2007 so this might make interesting viewing.

Hi all, I was away on my hols :biggrin: when this programme was aired. :frown: I only heard about it today. I am 'Miss Techophobic 2012'. Been scouring this www thing for the last two hours now. NO luck! :frown: Can anyone post a link that I just need to click on to watch it? pleeeeeeeez? xxxx