Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

By registering with us, you'll be able to view our forums in full as well as discuss, share and private message other members of Behind The Gray. Why not join us now?
Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Diabetes and SAH

Do you also suffer from Diabetes as well as the SAH  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you also suffer from Diabetes as well as the SAH

• YES
    • NO

I recently read that Brett Michaels , who suffered a SAH in 2010 also had Diabetes.

I too am diabetic, and although that is only two, I wonder if any others are also diabetic.

I am type two and I only take a single pill a day..... unless I am naughty and go for a cheesecake.

Carl, my husband Peter was diagnosed with type 2 last year. I've been tested because of his diagnoses, the doctor thought since we have similar diets I should tested. I don't have diabetes. We changed our diet and Peter lost 75lbs, I lost 20lbs. The doctor told me I should 'cheat' on the diet so I have junk food stashes around the house! :lol:

Sandi K.

I see I suffer from spelling issues when I wrote the poll too ..... must have been a sugar spike :lol:

Edited by Karen
Poll Title Edited.

My op was cancelled 3 weeks ago after being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes which then got downgraded last week to pre-diabetes following a drop in weight of 1 stone and change in eating habits over past month. My father has type 2 but I have also heard that diabetes can often come along after a shock or illness. My brother died in Nov 2011 and I had my SAH in Jan 2012 so perhaps I was already pre-disposed to it or perhaps the shock of life events pushed me towards getting it. 

Hi Snooty,

Shame about the diabetes but it is good it has been downgraded.  

I sometimes look up to the sky and say hey that's enough for me in my mind lol. (Always talk to self lol)

Keep Well and always be happy, hard when life throws things at you but we have to carry on.

Regards

Win and nice to hear from you again xxxx

• Like 1