Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

By registering with us, you'll be able to view our forums in full as well as discuss, share and private message other members of Behind The Gray. Why not join us now?
Sign in to follow this  
Daffodil

Do you change with the weather ?

Do your symptoms worsen with weather pressure changes?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do your symptoms worsen with weather pressure changes?

• No I am not affected by any changes in weather pressure
    • My symptoms are worse when there's low pressure ( rain)
    • My symptoms recede a little when there's higher pressure (dry)
    • My symptoms are worse when there's higher pressure ( dry)
    • My symptoms recede a little when there's low pressure ( rain)

It's been mentioned numerous times that people find their symptoms change along with the weather. I thought I would try and gauge how many of us are affected more since their SAH.

I joke that I'm like a little weathervane girl now. Seriously I'm sure the tubing in the shunt behaves like a barometer tube. I KNOW if it's gonna rain:lol:

I feel better with higher pressure than low, interested to know if thats the same for all.

You can choose multiple answers if more than one applies.

Edited by Daffodil
Multiple choice added

I'm worse with cold & rain but extreme heat is no good either. I can't seem to regulate my temp unless I can sit in the shade

I can regulate either Gill, its worse when its raining definatley but also when its dry and humid so again this was a tough one to give a correct answer, Hm!

Don't know why there's no sun up in the sky Stormy weather

A song on how weather effects me, stormy and depressive give me headache or thickhead, understand ?

No not a thicko lol

Be Well All

WinB143 good poll Daff xx

Too late to vote, but I respond dramatically to the weather. I live in the Pacific Northwest where our weather literally can change 5 times a day. It's been horrible. I can drive from one city to another with a lower or higher pressure front going on, and go from little pain (headache) to excruciating pain. So not fun. Rain, windstorms, snow, going from rainy to clear, from clear to cloudy, and lightning storms all kill me.

Just updating on this thread ( liz, might be of help after your green room question)

it took me four adjustments to my shunt setting before I reached one that was tolerable for me post it's placement last year to reach a point where I didn't have constant dizziness or sickness but I'm conscious not everyone has an adjust option.

Our ventricles fill up about four times aday and the shunt is regulating that so they dont overfill as normally they absorb naturally , ours post SAH not so much;-) Medics think that the damaged ventricles can resume normal operation over time post SAH but they cant be sure, only way to tell would be to turn the shunt to the highest setting or off which i dont think theyll do. Basically if your body is doing the job again then the shunt will be just sitting there redundant.

I find weather really affects me. If low pressure comes quickly following high then I will literally be dizzy and sick. I have to lie down in this scenario and actually caffeine takes the edge off it for me. I can't go high pressure as such but if I lie fat too long then I get stiff nek and heavy head, everything slows down. Then I need to drink lots of water and gentle exercise.

My advice is to keep a diary. See what makes you worse and adjust accordingly, Liz if your shunt is really no better at all after a few weeks and the dizziness is constant then maybe time to talk to team about adjusting the setting but that takes some getting used to as well. Remeber the dizziness can also be from healing post SAH. PM me if you want to chat further.

• Like 1

I think I'll have to get a barometer to monitor pressure changes as I think there is a link, also as you said just healing process too, but as I had been feeling so well for the last few months I didn't expect to go backwards again.