What are you working on improving lately?

Hey all,

I've been working on improving my impulsivity. If it is in the moment, I do it, buy it, think about it. However if it is in the future, I don't seem to really care about it. Anything that dashes my expectations of how I imagine things going, regarding me or my family, is hard to take. I usually end up talking through it out loud. Unfortunately, then everyone knows what I am thinking about...I'd rather keep it personal. One step at a time.

What about you?

~Kris

I would have to say I am trying to control my outbursts of anger. When I came home from the hospital I was so quiet and just let everything go. I have found within the last month I am angry.

Angry I am still afraid, angry I cannot sleep, angry I still have spiking pains in my head and vertigo. My patience runs thin and I am trying to keep it in check.

I

I'm working on trying to be less fearful.

Before SAH I wasn't the most adventurous of people but I did love a new experience or challenge, travels afar held no fear, happy to try most things once. Now, my post SAH self sees danger and risk in many places and I am working to try and persuade my brain that we don't have to live in fear of mortal peril. The worse time is when I get pain return, I know it's not a bleed, I really do, but my brain seems to take me off on a journey of fear and worry and I am really hoping and trying to get to grips with my fears.

I have become jealous since my SAH, I don't like me !!

I always worked with hubby and since SAH I feel unwanted.

It is in my mind I know, he goes out to work and I am no longer part of this life. I loved working with him.

He came home and told me about the works Christmas party and I am not invited !! I have gone green with envy. lol

He also told me about Secret Santa, I said "oh that will be good" I really thought otherwise.

I do not want to become a jealous wife but I am, as after spending 20 years +working along side him I feel I am no

longer needed . It's like my best Pal has chucked me.

I know it's silly but I feel empty inside so I am working on getting my best pal back.

He is typical male "What's wrong, ya daft thing" but I need to stop moaning and make our life Good Again ! and I will as we had a great life and we will again.

Love to All

WinB143 xx xx

I'd like to reduce the fear and stop seeing danger is so many things. Five years on, yet I can't get away from me seeing so many things as being a potential hazard - I hate it. It is obviously becoming noticeable to my family and probably a little irritating for them too as I'm always warning them about 'what might happen'.

The other week we were watching someone on tv doing their first parachute jump and when I commented that they had to put a lot of trust in the person going down with them ie to open the parachute, I heard my 13 year old son say: "Here goes Mum again with her health and safety". I got up to go out of the room and as I did so, he said "watch you don't get a splinter on the door - it's made of wood". I did find that amusing, but it also made me think I must be quite annoying with my constant reminders about danger!

Sarah

Interesting thread Kris.

For me it has to be inner peace and fatigue management.

I am constantly bargaining with myself 'if I do that I won't be able to do this' This in turn uses up too much brain power and only adds to my fatigue. I also think I am at times guilty of avoiding situations because I do not want to experience the fatigue crash.

I recognise the behaviour pattern, but fail to do anything about it.

Oh boy Kris good thread!

I am working on doing less work ( still need a paycheck though), enjoying myself more and taking care of my needs better. I feel self centered but it has been the only way I have been able survive the past few years but I need to rearrange my thinking yet again and look at the long term goals set before me. Setting goals of more peace and striving to have more of a life without working myself to death. But somehow needing an income.

So I guess working on having to work my job less, find an income and a peaceful way to juggle this and have time in my life set aside daily to improve my overall health.

Maryb

Sarah,

Families we love but they can wind us up at times.

We know they mean it in a joke way but we can get upset easier than before SAH.

I have a saying "Laugh if you're joking" and they know I have the rats/hump. lol poor families.

Be Well All

WinB143 xx xx

I'm working on finding something to work on! :shock: It's 6 months and I find I am more spacey and less focused than when I came home from the rehab hospital. I feel like I'm stuck in a bad Doctor Who episode. I sit down at 9:00 am and it feels like the next time I look at a clock or become aware of moving on to the next thing on my to-do list it's 3:30 pm. I swear it's like time just disappears and I really don't know where it went or what I did all day!

I'm also working on keeping my anger in check. My son is autistic and sometimes his quirks are just so tiresome I have to use all of my energy not to explode in anger and remind myself if he can't wear socks today just let him go barefoot, etc., etc.

• 1 month later...

What a great thread!

It's been two years and I need to work on two things; gratitude for where I am and I need to give up going back to the old me. I am SO lucky I can do almost everything I used to do, I just can't AS much all at once. I am back to running.

I want to be back to the person who got up before work and went to the gym, worked all day, came home and ran 5 miles, and then taught bootcamp. I may not be that person again, but I can run 5 miles after work, which is more most people can do. I can still teach bootcamp, even with a bad headache...I can dissociate for an hour and then go home and go to bed.

So I need GRATITUDE AND ACCEPTANCE!

:-P