Happy Re-Birthday to me!

rampmama

Today is my re-birthday. It was 7 years ago that my subarachnoid hemorrhage started bleeding into my brain and I fought to live.

I am happy to report that my doctors were very wrong about my outcome. I am working in my original career as an engineer, I am able to do most of the things I liked before my stroke and I am a better human being than I was before my stroke.

For all of you in the early days, keep fighting to find the old you, but embrace the new and improved you for the worthy human that you are.

One major lesson I learned from my stroke was that I am a worthy human being as is. I don't need to "do" anything to have worth. Once you accept that you may not be able to "do" the things you used to, life gets easier. I accepted it in 2008 and it took eight years to get here, but I think I might have made it back, or at least as far back as I need to come.

For everyone here, thank you for the the support and love. I love you all and am in your corner.

Linda

A very happy re-birthday! One blessing of this whole scenario is that we DO get a do-over and it gives us insight into things that others don't get. You are so right. We don't have to do anything to to be worthy, we simply have to be.

One of the things my PT said to me is that through all of this one blessing is that I got to see how much people cared about me. So true. We see that in our real lives. We see that here from members who return, like you, to share how far you've come and to see others through the beginning stages after the SAH.

Happy happy birthday!!

Linda,

I think I know what you mean, I feel happier (sometimes !) since I know how people rallied around my

husband and daughter and it made me feel loved.

BTG has helped a great deal knowing I am not the only one.

Continue your progress and thanks for your kind words xx

Best Wishes

WinB143 xx xx

Myra - We all get there in our own time. Be patient with yourself and accept that you are perfect right now.

I actually had to step away from BTG for a couple years. I used to think of myself as brain injured. Today I have dropped that label and only try to think about the things I am doing today and how that will make my day a day of progress.

Today my goal is to work out and eat well. That's it. Just take each day as it comes and set small goals you can feel successful about.

L