Angiogram after effects

Hi everyone,

Had an angiogram yesterday, and wondered if anyone has experienced burning afterwards. The angiogram itself was rather traumatic due to a large bleed at the groin puncture and agonising pain when the doc put pressure on and plugged the puncture wound, I kid you not, I screamed very loudly..

All last night I had an intense burning on the inside of my thigh, and nagging pain in my groin - today it has eased of a bit, however, I was very shaky on my feet this morning, but again feel much better tonight. I have left a message with my neuro nurse to ring me but I would be very grateful for your experiences..

Alas, doc informed me there and then that further coiling is advisable, just waiting on a call to confirm once he has a meet and consults his colleagues to make a collective decision.

Don't know how I feel, I think I resigned myself to going back in a few weeks ago when I was told there had been significant coiling compaction. But, my experience yesterday has given me a wee fright.. Hey ho, hopefully get a date soon, doc reckons 4-6 weeks.

Hope you are all in a good place right now.

Hugs,

Poppy

Hey

I too had that, don't let that wee fright put you off, my last one was a nightmare but the one before that wasn't..  nagging pain yep had that too...

Hopefully it'll ease soon for you.

take care

Hi Poppy,

Hope that you're putting your feet up.  :)

I bruise easily and it was tender and a little painful for a few days in that area and when I walked ... definitely worth mentioning it to your Neuro Nurse re: burning sensation. xx

Poppy, don't laugh but I too had quite a bleed at my last angio and apologised to the team because I thought I had wet myself ! So like the others, bit sore, bit bruised but it clears quite quickly.

They will do the right thing by you. Hang in there and rest up a little after this procedure , give yourself some extra kindness as you heal.

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. Feel back to normal, whatever that is lol. Got the phone call and going back in for more coiling and a stent as well. Hopefully, sooner rather than later..

Poppy xx

• Like 1

Poppy, I'm due for a 10 year scan in 2015 ... have an abnormal artery on the left hand side of my brain and still have a neck on my coiled artery ... if I need more surgery done, then I will go with it ... to be honest, after all of these years of worrying about the "what if's" ... I'll be happy enough to get it over and done with, rather than wasting another moment on it ... I wish you well and sending hugs and love to you.xx

Casey, I think that the only people that are being monitored are those that have aneurysms which need checking ... which is why I'm due for a 10 year check in 2015 ... as still have a neck left on a coiled one and an abnormal artery on the other side of my brain. xx