Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and Arm Pain

Guest mattblack_uk2002

hi to all,

I was so emotional when I read matts opinions........Ive not had an easy life so........When we first started chatting I would have classed our conversations to begin with as advisory and then genuine friendship.

The evening before my collapse I knew somthing was happening between us and I was fighting it as I swore I would never date a younger man, and the thought of 16 years and 9 monhs (just for the record matt to make me appear that bit younger) was way too much for me. Matt told me his marriage had been over for a long time, but at some time or other in our lives all of us girls have heard that one, I thought that he needed an escape and I wasnt going to be the one to encourage this and never did.

Anyhow as he said he had planned a visit and this was to fix my overloaded pc, (he was acutaly on a course for work not far from where I live) as the ambulance was taking me away I grabbed my mobile phone knowing it was important to let him know I would not be available that evening.........I can remember thinking at the hospital when they thought I had a migrain that I would stil not be able to see him if they sent me home as I could hardly stay awake. My youngest son let Matt know and it was from then that our story really developed.

When I found myself too ill I would pass the phone over to my son who kept Matt updated, he texted constantly for updates and when I came round from my operation I needed my phone with me constantly, because it meant "Matt" was near. Being someone who does not have the mobile glued to them and rarely checked for texts, I obviously knew my feelings were growing. He kept my spirits up whilst in hospital as all I could do for the first 9 days was vomit and felt like i would never recover.

I cant remember the early days or what visitors I had but i managed to keep in contact with him somehow............How did I do that?

When I returned home he did phone and text , and I can remember one day when I felt really ill, my phone must have been on silent he had text and I didnt know, he called my landline and the worry in his voice really moved me, I could'nt beleive someone I had'nt even met could be so worried about "ME" I beleive this is where things really started to turn.

Im not sure if it was the next day or very soon after he told me he and his wife were seperating it was very mutual as neither of them were very happy. Everything was very amicable, they were due to move house 2 weeks later but managed to pull out of the sale, so this was obviously meant to be, even though I was still fighting with myself over the age gap.

We continued our texting and calls which gradually got more intense and decided we needed to meet as soon as possible, even though he lives 350 miles away, so we planned for last friday until Tuesday.

Matt arrived Friday night and yes I was shocked at how young he looked, thinking he only looks 12, exageration of course but I thought there is no way this is going to happen, then our eyes locked and there was no denying how we felt about eachother.

However the next day he needed to return home and was coming back that night, so over 700 miles later possibly 900 as he got lost he arrived back at midnight, I told him it was too much but he would have none of it.

Over our few days together he showed me what true loving and caring was really about, he gave me the confidence to venture out of the house, it was my idea to go to the pub, I wanted to be normal again, and although I felt a little shaky to begin with it was fine. The walking home bit sent me into floods of tears, many of you will possibly relate to this as a few days before I had a job making it around the house, and wondered if I would ever be capable of walking anywhere again, maybe I embarrassed Matt a little, I think he possibly also put it down to the vino, but in my mind that was a real turning point for me.

We managed a romantic italian meal on the Monday night and a supermarket run the next, I thought finaly I'm getting normal again.

Matt stayed and extra night and we had a wonderful time.

Wednesday ouch my leg was in agony, I took to my bed for the day, I woke up this morning pain free well almost and decided it was time to visit Asda............what a mistake to make, I almost collapsed, I hung on to a cardboard box like my life depended on it, I felt like my head was being clamped the dizziness swept over me and I flopped, my poor Mother is a nervous wreck, she keeps seeing me in these states and it scares her. Fortunatly many people came to my aid, the staff were wonderful and could not do enough. They got me a wheelchair which embarrassed me but without it I'd still be there, one good thing was, I got a tv for my bedroom and I was not leaving without it, so mission accomplished............kind of.

So I am now tucked up in bed with my lap top, and Ive spoken to Matt who has ordered I do not move until....................he returns Friday.......

I cant wait, and I want to thank him for giving me the courage to stay positive and his love and support.......

Matt I love you too xx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Matt/Aly

What a truly wonderful start to a relationship don't worry about the age thing my best friends brother started a relationship with a woman 18 years older than him in 1978 and they're still together to this day. So age truly doesn't matter at all.

Its the amount of feelings you have for each other that is important and you both obviously both feel very strongly about each other. Just enjoy those feelings and to hell with what anyone else thinks.

Glad you managed to get out and about just remember to get plenty of rest in between outings. Hope you have another great weekend.

Janet x