Clare new member - Will I ever be the same again??

ClareM

Hi Sub

Yes 2 day shift starts today. After having 2 brilliant days with no fatigue or headaches, I have had a bad nights sleep. I have been awake since 5am and now have a headache extreme tiredness and the prospect of work.  :(

Still these days are sent to try us, don't start till 10am so may try and nap for a bit. Will keep you posted zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Clare

Hi Clare,

Ouch, not a good start to your second day back at work. I hope you managed to get some extra sleep before the shift started, and that the headache eased.

I hope all goes well for you this week. Two days is a great achievement! :)

Mx

Hi

Managed the 3 hours, wasn't a full day Mandy - that would have been impossible! Had to do a full CD (controlled drug) balance a job that has to be accurate and everyone hates! Still not done it for 3 months so it was my turn! Managed it fairly easily and did some other bits then back on my trusty steed - alias my 2 wheeled transport- and home.

Been on my bum practically all the time since! Felt exhausted, but what it has taught me is that I need to do less the day before work. God only knows if I will ever get back full time!
How us your weeks break going? Hope you are relaxing.
Sub I will be taking your advice- rest rest.

• Like 1

Hello Clare

Glad your shift at work went fine.

Your CD round will have helped stimulate your mindset in dealing with accuracy- pressure of getting round in a reasonable time the physical side of being on your feet all the time-well done

Only you will know how your body is coping and remember- a few months here or there are nothing in the grand scheme of things with your recovery.

Glad to hear your comments on 'rest'

Take care and stay strong

Hi Clare, I've found I need to be cautious about doing much the day before work, and on the day after! Next week will be my first week of doing four days, M,T,T,F although probably with some of this from home. Waiting for a call from my GP about an appointment today as have sciatic pain for 8 weeks and utterly bored with it now. Must update my thread if I can find the spoons to do it with. :)

Take care, and rest! Mx

I get that Mandy, isn't it painful so I feel for you.

I might ask the Nurse when I go for my 2nd blood test, I always talk 10 to to the dozen when waiting. lol  Nerves don't you know lol. 

Well done Clare now get some rest and as the song goes pick yourself up dust yourself down and start all over again xx

Love to All

Win xx

Hi Clare,

Please please be very proud if all you've done so far, I know how much concentration that CD would have taken.

It's such early days yet, please don't be so tough on yourself.

Want my honesty... Work still floors me now all these years in. I still have to plan and pace. I'm very mindful of what I do for example on a Sunday, knowing I've work on Monday. I have Tuesdays off but Wednesdays are the craziest busiest days so I know I'll be on minus spoons at the end of that shift and I know I'll have another long shift to get through on the Thursday.

Coping with work really is all about planning and pacing yourself , grrroaannnn I hear you scream!!! But it DOES get easier, really it does.

Do what you can do for now. Cherish the bits of 'normal', bet you missed that CD balance really!!!

Take care lovely lady, remember to fit in some proper relax time.

You're doing fab, remember that!

SL Xx

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well done on completing the run Clare-  that was great-

Mrs Subs just would not manage any type of running- she can walk fine for a few miles on the flat- but definitely no sprints-!

Well done to you-

Especially when it brought back memories of 10th Feby-

Keep strong-

Subs