Hi everyone Roy from Somerset .

royhughes33

Hi Roy here from Somerset (originally Manchester ) had my SAH 28 /01/15 on the long road to recovery hopefully,. just came here to get advice straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

Will find this site and the people who use it as a great source of information and support on my road to recovery ,and good luck to you all in your own personal battles .

Yours Roy........

• Like 1

Welcome Roy,

John here from Los Angeles...there are not many yanks in the BTG membership so I will endeavor to provide an across the pond perspective.  You are about 6 weeks ahead of me in your recovery as my SAH occurred on March 8, 2015.  I am still processing the events and impacts.  I am struck by the random experiences that each BTG member describes of their own event that through this forum weaves into a rich picture of life post SAH.  Look forward to hearing more...

john

• Like 2

Hi Roy,  welcome to the BTG family. 

Hope you're doing ok, things do get better as time goes on - speaking as a sah veteran!.

(I was born in Somerset, now live between Manchester and Sheffield and had the maiden name of Hughes!)

Wishing you all the best,

Sarah

Hi Roy,

Welcome to BTG, this site helped my daughter while I was in cuckoo land. 

It's also helped me to realise there is a life after SAH.

Look back in 2 weeks then 4 weeks and so on, bet you see a difference.

It's slow process but never give up and Good Luck

WinB143 x   Note: No Stress whatsoever, and keep smiling.

Good Morning Roy

Welcome to  BTG where you will get so much helpful advice and support from everyone here.

I am a carer so please think about telling those around you to have a brouse around the site too-they will find it useful as they try and help you in your SAH progress.

Look forward to hearing more about your experience in the days ahead.

Meantime-take care- and don`t rush things-  (I like your picture-showing , I think, you finishing a race-  Now you are starting another race and sometimes it will feel like a 5000m, sometimes a cross country- but NEVER a sprint-  )

• Like 3

Hi Roy welcome to BTG this is a fantastic support group and you will find a wealth of knowledge here I had my SAH 9 months ago and I only joined this group at the beginning of march everyone is very welcoming and very supportive we are all going through very similar experiences I personally have found this group very helpful. Good luck on your journey of recovery its a slow process so don't be to hard on yourself give yourself plenty of time, drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest. look forward to hearing more from you. Luv michelle

• Like 2

Hi Roy,

Welcome to BTG - I live just north of Manchester!  Still as drab as when you left it I suspect Haha!  Well it's raining anyway.

I look forward to hearing about your story soon and lots of people will recount their experiences to you!  Good luck!

Macca

• Like 1

Thinking about you today Roy.  Hope you are feeling comfort and ease of pain today and more of the same in days to come.  Take care.  Don't overdo it.  Honor you brain and body so they will honor you back.  Drink water, take it easy, sleep when you feel you need to and make sure those physicians follow-up with you.  You are your own best advocate.  Hope to see more good news from you soon.

Love, Carolynusa

• Like 1