weird sensations in head

I used to get itchy head after shunt was put in and also dizzy spells if I jumped up quick,

If you are worried see Doc and it will put your mind at ease as stress is bad for you.

Also I felt like a creepy crawly sensation but I am okay now.

Always see Docs as they can put your mind at ease.

Good Luck

Winb143 x

• Like 1

Hi Davis - For a while I felt like I had a herd of ants crawling through my head.  It was so weird.  Plus it seemed the area where surgery was performed (clips, coils, shunt) would suddenly get hot.  I didn't know what any of it meant until I came on this site and discovered other people talking about the same thing.

My surgeon also assured me it was normal.  Mine has been a little over a year now and most of that has stopped.  If you go outside in the sun I would suggest wearing a hat and sunglasses as light and heat doesn't seem to go well with head injury.  It's true, however, that you should see your doctor if you are bothered by the sensations.  Don't be scared.

Take care and come back and visit.  The people here are wonderful to talk to and help a lot just in knowing that other people feel a lot of the same things you do.  

Hope you feel a million times better.  Make yourself priority number 1 and keep asking doctors questions when you feel nervous.  

Love and good feelings coming your way.

Carolyn

• Like 2

I still get weird sensations in my head .... 10 years on and also had a sentinel bleed a few years prior to the big one....still alive and kicking!

Change of pressure in my ears, white noise and just stuff that I can't describe that used to really freak me out. Nothing bad has happened to me and it does take time to restore confidence, that your body won't let you down again.

Guy's, we haven't lost anybody on BTG since it was started and who've been treated .... I spent too many years being worried and not living those years ... 

Davis, how long ago did you have the SAH? If in doubt go and get yourself checked out, it will give you peace of mind. xx

• Like 4

thank you to every one who offered explanations i was very touched that people responded to me. i have had the sah for nearly a year and it was my first post. the sensations are a bit like being in a lift and when you get off at your floor its a movement inside of the head up and down. very scary.

i have other aneurysms is this fairly common ?

its indeed very nice of people to take the time to respond, thank you.

• Like 1

I also have another aneurysm they watch plus my coiled one but the Wierd sensations continue for me and can still surprise me. I can feel like I am being spun around even though I'm standing still, I get a very 'hot' head sometimes and then there is the ants ...although I like to think of them as spiders as prefer that to ants! ;)

I also get some physical pulls and shifts but that has been less and I put that down to the scarring from the surgeries healing as it feels a little like that. I have been woken from sleeping with odd feelings and just watch and wait to pass. If it gets worse or painful I figure then I need to do something if not then I just watch and wait for it to pass, so far it always has.

Talk your worries out here Davis, it's far better than bottling it up.

Hi there, a belated welcome to Behind the Gray.

I have a second aneurysm, discovered at the time i had my sah nearly seven years ago.  It has been monitored since then - initially annually then in 2012 it was decided it could be left 3 years before checking it again.  I had my latest MRI five weeks ago today, but am still waiting for the results of that scan - I take it nothing too urgent was found!

I presume you will be having your other ones checked?

Best wishes,

Sarah

Davis, I still have weird head pain and ear stuff .... I get white noise in my ears and the frequency changes....I get weird throbbing and pain that I can pinpoint on my head at times .... 10 years on, I'm still alive and kicking!  :)

I also get similar to you and that's probably a sensation of dizziness and my brain kicking in with some anxiety too...I know what you mean with lifts and I've only recently started to do escalators and moving walkways .... my brain is okay when everything is moving, it's when it stops and I seem to lag behind with my head... and body is a couple of seconds behind....I can't really describe it, but it's not nice.

I had my aneurysm on the post right communicating artery, which I believe affects visual and balance .... do you know which artery you had your bleed from?

xx

Hi Davis,

I had a NASAH this January. The MRI I had afterwards showed that I also have an incidental aneurysm too. That will now be monitored as it doesn't need anything doing to it at the moment. I guess one of the positives to come of all this is that it will be monitored, which obviously dramatically reduces the chance of anything else happening.

I have also had strange sensations in my head. This is mainly around the areas I had surgery - especially the EVD and shunt. I also find any big changes in pressure tend to affect me too but things have got easier with time.

Take care,

Gemma

my aneurysm was on the basilar artery and the other incidental aneurysms are on the cerebral artery, as far as i understand you get one mri scan a year later and if its not grown any they just leave it be. its nearly a year ago but still recovering.

its shaken me to the core with emotions all over the place. its so good to know i am not alone and to have people to talk to on this site. that other people have been here.

thank you for responding, a real gem  x

• Like 3

i have 4 other anurysms sorry i have not replied to the lovely people who wrote but i am also struggling with learning to use a computer and its the first time i have posted on a site i had the sah on sept 2014 wessex neuro

• Like 1

Hi Davis,

I had a craniotomy in February and whilst in hospital used to have the sensation that either my eye was watering and running down my cheek, or I was dribbling from the corner of my mouth down my chin. Each time I put my hand up to wipe away the moisture I would find that it was perfectly dry - it was just a sensation. I guess it takes a while for all the nerves etc to settle down and build new pathways after an SAH. Like Gill above, I get an incredibly itchy head from time to time and also a pulling sensation if I frown - so I guess I'll just have to give up the frowning and smile more!

I still get a few weird floaty sensations in my head from time to time and I try to avoid loud noises and flashing lights as they tend to make me feel a bit confused. I too have a second aneurysm that they discovered when the first one ruptured. I had a CTA scan in July and saw the consultant a few weeks ago who told me that it was really small, more like a small blister on the artery, and that the chances of it rupturing were tiny.

They will scan me every year for a few years to ensure that it doesn't grow but it was a big relief as I had convinced myself that I would need another operation. Do you know what treatment, if any, you'll have on your other aneurysms? Try not to worry about them (easier said than done I know!) and make sure you discuss any anxieties with your consultant.

Good luck with the computer - there will be no stopping you now!

Jane x

Davis,

Like Jane I cannot stand harsh lights so I walk around in Sunglasses, come rain or sun.

You are doing well Davis and next time I see you on here, I want to read good positive news from you,, as  you are doing good.

Keep drinking water and be happy xx No stress in your life and remember it is a long haul, but we will all get there xx 

Take care and here is a smile  now put it on xx ..suits you a smile !!

Best wishes

Win xxxx

• Like 2

Good to know we are not alone Davis isn't it, this site helped me so much.

I have learnt to laugh and sing again, okay my singing leaves a lot to be desired !!

But there is a life after an SAH.

A lot of support here also xx

Good luck

Winb143 xx ​

• Like 2

Hi Davis,

Had my aneurysm burst  in the same place as yours a year ago too. Had all sorts of strange sensations after.

Squalshing sensation was evident, and used to feel like spiders crawling over my scalp, used to drive my wife mad asking  

"Can you check there's not". When I asked my consultant about them he says

"Your brain doesn't like being repaired by us so you might experience a few different sensations.

Hope this helps, any questions ask away,some one will know.

take care

Rob