I feel like a broken clockwork toy

Hi Di (Poppy) It's nice that Daff's post inspired you to write down your thoughts - that's not always easy especially when things aren't going so well.  I think Daff's posts are always inspirational and have helped many on here.

I'm pleased that you are getting some benefit from the dietician and therapist, but concerned that you experienced so many problems since your treatment in August. I was wondering if you had any of them before your second coiling and stent procedure?

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I've just learnt this week that I've got to go in at some point and have my third coiling on the same aneurysm but as I was in a state of shock when I was told, I forgot to ask any questions! I do have the opportunity to make another appointment beforehand to discuss it further though.

Take care,

Sarah

• Like 1

Di, ( poppy) I think you are fantastic for sharing that and I am really sorry you have had such a hard time since having the stent placed and recent procedures. It's great that the change of diet is helping you to ease some of the symptoms and I am really hoping that as time moves out from the procedure that your brain will settle down. Sending you some get better vibes.

Sarah. That's so sweet of you to say, I don't feel very inspirational most days so that's a lovely compliment coming from you! I'm so sorry about the news you had this week, I can only imagine how you feel knowing that you have got to have more coiling done again, not surprised that you forgot to ask questions.

Can you take someone with you and make an appointment to ask questions , I find that always having someone with me for things like that spreads the emotional load a bit, I don't feel quite so alone I guess. And you're not alone either, I know it's you who has to face this development but we will be here to encourage and reassure as best we can. Sending cyber hugs.

Life may have changed drastically for all of us in many ways but regardless these Annie's do not and will not define us, only we can do that. Each day, baby steps ladies. Xx

• Like 1

Sarah,

No bleed to contend with but sure you will be anxious to say the least.   I would also,  it's natural to feel apprehensive xx

Shows you the hospital are on the ball xx

Good luck and all will be well xx You have had your share for now, so I will wish you good luck and talk to hospital ease your mind.

Love

Win xx

• Like 1

Evening all,

Early hours and that insomnia gremlin just won't fluff off!

Lou, thanks for your kind words, we must catch up soon for a blether.

Daff, good vibes right back at you.

Sarah, feel free - any questions fire them over, so many folks on here have helped me.

Win, you brighten my day with your cheery posts, just reading through the chat gives me a feel good warm feeling.

My main issue after the 2nd procedure was the clopidogrel which I was on for 3 months, I reacted very badly to it and it took forever for my body to flush it away. The pain was impossible to manage and because I dont do too well on opiates - sends me loopy, the side effects from other painkillers were horrendous.

I saw my consultant some 6 weeks ago following my scan February this year and this time I was ready with the questions! He assured me the pain was not related to the anni which was directly behind my optic nerve but was in fact migraine. I struggle still with this diagnosis as the pain was 70% coming from my eye which was swelling up at times.

After examination he advised there would be a visual indicator had the anni been pressing on a nerve . Also my neuro functions have deteriorated. The attacks are coming more frequently and are totally debilitating. Hey ho I'm getting really good at the break dancing almost as good as Michael Jackson lol. Now if I could only sing like him......

On aspirin for life now, trying to keep off the drugs cos they don't work anyway, have been referred to a neuropsychologist, that worries me cos that might be construed as me being aff my Heid. Shhhhh don't tell anyone...

Take care guys..

Nighty night.

Xxxx

• Like 2

Do you have seizures also Di alias poppy xx ?

If so they are horrid things to have.

Hope you get some rest today and feel a bit better now it has passed xx

I've had seizures since 14 and today if my hand jerks I still get scared but not had one for approx. 6 years. still scary things to have and leave you so shattered.   Keep strong and don't let them get you down, easier said than done !!

Good luck and hope you feel better today xx

Love

Win xx xx