New member, Susan, but not new to SAH

sue984

Hi all,

My SAH was in 1996, brainstem, bilateral, and like a lot of others had to relearn walking, talking, etc.  My balance is shot, and I have a laundry list of other deficits. :rolleyes:

I was 36, newly remarried, new house, two kids by my 1st marriage, (the kids were 12 and 9).  Now I have an eight year old grandson, and another grandchild on the way.  

I volunteered on a stroke support site for quite a while, and though similar, ischemic strokes are a tad different. I'm happy to have found this site!  (Yay Facebook! :D  ) 

Susan  :wink:

• Like 3

Hi Susan :)

A very warm welcome to BTG, glad you found us.

Love your quotes :

"Every time you find humour in a difficult situation, you win."

"It doesn't matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."

"In youth we learn, in age we understand"

How exciting one Grandson and another Grandchild on the way :)

My Daughter is expecting her first baby beginning of April, I can't wait !

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Take care

Tina xx

• Like 1

Hi Sue.  I liked your quotes also.  They were right up my alley as a lot of people will tell you - lol.  You're like a miracle!  I can't believe you have improved so much and your life has continued so much that you have been able to enjoy your family. etc.  That is wonderful!  Congratulations.  Sending you positive thoughts.  Continue to be well and hugs to kids and grandkids.

Carolyn

• Like 2

Welcome Susan,

There's more of us we will be asking you how you did it etc etc ..I have trouble walking and my back hurts so bad after a little walk that I

just have to sit down, but they said never walk again and here I am walking.  albeit 60 paces and on a rough day  then 60 / 100 yards.

Congratulations on nearly 20 years xx

Take care and Keep well so you can enjoy grandchildren  xx

Love

WinB143  or just Win xx

• Like 2

Hi Sue,

Welcome to BTG, glad you found us :-D That must have been a very tough start to your new married life at that time, especially with young children. Two of my kids were a very similar age to yours when I had my SAH, but I didn't have the misfortune of having to relearn talking and walking.  It's lovely that you now have a grandson and one on the way - I'm still waiting!

Take care,

Sarah

• Like 2

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Life after my SAH has been challenging at times, but also very rewarding.  I've met, and continue to meet fabulous people. survivors and caregivers alike.  

I have moments when I definitely feel like a prisoner of my health, (I can't accomplish much of anything) and other moments when sheer determination is called upon!  Like most when my energy is gone for the day, it's gone.  (I've learned to get my housework and other stuff done in the morning.)  Anyway...

Thanks again! :)

• Like 4

Hi Sue,

Big welcome to BTG, this is a great place to come to, as you will find out.

Everyone`s very friendly and very welcoming, very helpful and supportive

It`s lovely that you have a grandson and one on the way, bet you can`t 

wait.

Looking forward to hearing more from you

Love

Michelle x

• Like 2

Sue. I confess I read your post a few times and had a little smile and a tear in my eye . I was 39 when I had mine and I'd be lying if what hadn't crossed my mind was would I see my girls who were aged 6 and 8 at that point , grow up. That feeling of being a prisoner of my limits some days is familiar but so very lovely to hear that 20 years on you have found the hidden rewards and new accomplishments to be had. Big hurrah and thanks for coming and joining us.

• Like 2