Gilly new member - Infundibulum

Gilly

Hi Gilly,

Don't feel like a time waster or be embarrassed - they're there to help you, that's what they get paid for.

Go and see your doctors and tell them your fears.  Why don't you write out your questions on paper so you don't forget anything and write down their answers.

If you don't fancy face to face then write them a letter and ask them to reply within a time frame - say 28 days, but ask rather than making it a demand.  If you get no response, then you can complain.

Macca

• Like 2

Hi, my name is GILLY and I had a sah on 26-10-14. I spent 2 weeks in Kings had 2 angios ct and mri. There was a suspicious finding near my basiliar tip but after taking advice they decided it was an infundibulum and I was discharged. Have felt very lonely and worried since then.

This site has been my only understanding friend, if you know what I mean. I have had a lumbar puncture this week as had symptoms of another bleed but it was negative. Does anybody think that this infundibulum should be checked. Do you know if it can turn into or hide an aneurysm? I would be grateful of any knowledge.

Hi did you see John ling at all. He was my saviour after if I had any questions or worries. Any worries at all you can contact kings I did or my doctor would contact them for me. Your doctor will advise you what to do.

Hi, I have taken advise and phoned kings and a very lovely nurse called me back. She doesn't think my dizzyness, eye pressure Etc are related to my sah and suggested getting my blood pressure checked. I have had a 24hour blood pressure reading done which shows constant fairly low readings.

My doctor has prescribed me with propranolol 20mg 3 x per day. He thinks that I am so anxious that I am causing the problems. So here's hoping that this will make a difference. Does anybody else that takes this take a similar dose as it seems a lot of tablets to me. Thank you x

Gilly, I take Propranolol ... my dose is 40mg x 1 .....it used to be 40mg x 2 in my earlier days post SAH, which would be more than yours. I was prescribed it for a number of reasons - anxiety, classic migraines with aura and an irregular heart beat....like palpitations.

I find the dose okay for me now .... I also have low/average blood pressure.

If your Doc thinks that the dose is good for you and for the symptoms that you have, I would say, just run with it. It's not caused me any problems. xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gilly!

Regarding the panic attacks.   I have them almost daily.   I was counseled to take an inventory when they happened.   Concentrate on what is causing them at the moment and evaluate the situation.   Realize that it is different than the original SAH and that its just a normal side affect.   Rest assured that it WILL pass and you will be fine.  Talk to your GP about anti anxiety meds.  They help greatly.

As for sleeping.   I get the same thing.  Feels like your brain is squishing into the wrong side of your head when you lay on one side or the other.   I've found that sometimes I just have to sleep sitting up or slightly reclined.   Laying flat seems to put pressure on the skull and its just impossible to get comfortable.  

Not sure why it happens but I've spent many a comfortable night with a bunch of blankets wedged up in the corner of the couch with the cat nestled up on the back of the couch next to my head. 

Hang in there... it does get better.  Slowly but surely. 

Frank