Seizures after Sah,help/advice please

Jan

I had a seizure this morning, not my first, I have one every 7/8 weeks the first couple that I had were 'partial seizures, only my jaw went into spasm, the last couple have been worse, my left arm shakes uncontrollably and my jaw is in spasm, I stay conscious throughout, it is such a scared feeling,having no control of my body's movements. I feel completely wiped out afterwards and felt dizzy after the one this morning.

So I was just wondering if anyone else suffers similar seizures and could perhaps offer any information about them. I take anti seizure tblets(phenytoin 400mg. )Having seizures has given my confidence a bashing, I worry that I'll have one when I'm out, so I don't go far on my own

Thank you so much for reading this
jan

Jan, you may need your medication adjusting in view of the fact that the seizures appear to be worsening.

I would advise that you go back to the doctors and discuss it with them. They may well be able to do something with your medication, types or dosages

Failing that, are you still under a consultant? If so try and get an appointment.

Thank you Super Mario, I am still under a consultant,in fact he sent me for an EEG a couple of months ago when I was ..having the partial seizures, l haven't had the results of that so I will phone the hospital tomorrow and chase them up

• Like 1

Hi Jan

When I reached puberty I had a seizure/fit and it is scarey, they were nearly under control I could go an age without one.

Then when I fell pregnant, and had baby (Who is now a woman) more seizures !

Then the SAH came along and the seizures came back with a vengeance, stronger and worse.  I had been 5/6 years without one then the Docs decided I needed more pills and I couldn't stay awake.  They didn't agree with me and I told them this.. you know when you feel more like your old self or not xx

They are horrid things to have and scare the life out of us and our family xx.   Get medication correct and they will become fewer and far between.  I wish you all the best and rest up for the day and take things easy xx

Have you had a stressful time or has anything happened differently, get in touch with Consultant as you said you are, and take it from there xx  I say this as when my parents died I threw a fit/seizure each time.

Good luck and rest and relax xx and ask about good pills for epilepsy with the least side effects.

Love

Win xxxx 

hi Win Thank you so much for taking the time to reply the Last month has been particularly stressful we've had some family problems,(to put it lightly I wasn't aware that stress can trigger seizures in fact.because mine have been quite random I don't know what the triggers are.hopefully a change of medication will help

Jan x

How scary for you Jan. I think you should take Supers advice and contact your consultant or gp tomorrow. Medication can be tweaked and maybe that is what you need.

Hope you are feeling a bit better this evening, let us know how you get on tomorrow

Clare xx

• Like 1

Hi Again Jan,

It might be stress related I cannot say but had them ages now..Win's an old dear lol.

When I was 14 they/hospital said "we don't know why you have them but you do"  and it always seemed during a ladies time !! putting it bluntly.  Then they seemed to die down and I was okay,  also I was told too much electricity in the brain. Then was told to keep calm and no stress.  Think they make it up lol xx  But my surgeon who did my SAH said "No stress whatsoever"  which is hard so hence my singing.

Only happy songs though !!

I do hope after a good rest you feel better Jan and remember ignore others worries, just you get You well xx

Love

Win xx xx

Hi Clare,thank you for your reply I will make the call this morning,hopefully I'll get an appointment. I'm so scared of the next one now.i feel it's knocking me back in my recovery I'll let you know how I get on.

win. I wonder if some of it could be hormonal from what you said? I've just started my menopause (oh joy)!! Who would choose to be female?!!!!

Thank you again

Jan x

• Like 1

Hot flushes and Temperature  could be but I am no expert Jan.  I used to take jug of iced water and a flannel for the night time flushes and wet all my sweat points to keep temp low.

Just know they/seizures are horrid things and a few on here have had them after brain injury.

Some get them and some don't guess we are the ones that did ..darn it  lol  xx(had mine a long while as already said)

Hope you feel less shattered today and perhaps now it has left your system you can laugh again xx

Yours might go once the healing process has finished you never know !!!

See Doc and make notes xx xx and correct medication that suits you ..also make notes of what you want to ask.

Wishing you all the Best Jan xx

Win xx xx

Hi, I called the surgery this morning I couldn't get an appointment with my GP so I saw a doctor who I hadn't seen before, I explained what had happened, John was with me so he could tell her more as he was with me when I had the seizure. She doesn't think it's hormonal. I had a blood test to check phenytoin levels, another wait for results. I have to say, she didn't put my mind at ease, she looked at my notes and then said that she wonders if my unruptured anni has grown and is pressing on part of my brain, not what I needed to hear but then as John said, she isn't neuro trained!

John called North Staffs but my surgeons secretary is on leave. A note will be left for my surgeon to check the scans from last week and then contact me. Sooner than later hopefully. Sorry I've rambled on a bit here, I'm just worried. I don't know what I'd do without you lovely people who take the time to read and reply to my ramblings, it is very much appreciated
Jan x

• Like 1

Went on NHS Choice and it said approx. 1 in 20 get epilepsy after SAH/Brain bleed.

I know you want to know right away,  but I would listen to your husband, also I know it is a worry to have to wait but it sounds quite common.

Keep your spirits high and good luck Jan xx xx 

Love

Win  xx xx