SAH/Stroke/CKD

Hello all lovely people again!

Apologies for having gone away for few months now! It was the kids holidays that kept us rather on the trampoline

We got an appointment with the neuro radiologist ( after 2 cancellations) and they have started looking into the options the remainder of the partially occluded aneurysm.

Coiling/Coiling with stent/Clipping eventually.

We are getting the pre-assessment done and the team have mentioned that they will get us a date in October.

The doctor told us that the coiling and stent will need 6 months of aspirin and the renal doctor is reviewing how is it going to impact the kidney function!

Sandeep and I are both nervous (about the procedure) and looking forward to it, so we can try and start moving as we'd like to.

I will post here if i get more info.

Hugs

Shobs xxxxx

• Like 4

Great to hear things are going well at present. Hope you get the dates sorted out for October.  Sounds like you are being well taken care of. 

As it is a planned procedure the recovery should be a lot quicker than having a bleed. Hopefully life will settle down for you after this. 

Good luck, you sound very positive though obviously apprehensive. ?  Keep us posted on your progress. 

Clare xx

• Like 1

Thanks so much Clare,

we went for the pre-assessment on wednesday and we have been given Oct17th as the procedure date.

We need to go in a day early as a preparation.

The doctor just told us about the low-dose aspirin that needs to be taken for 6 months and told us that he will consult with the nephrologist, if this is still okay.

hoping and praying that this is all going to go well. thanks for all the positive vibes.

hugs

Shobana xxxxx

• Like 2

Shobs, hope all goes well with the pre assessment and the operation. So it sounds like he is going to have a stent fitted? I think there are a few members on her who have had that procedure done so hopefully they will chip in with their views.

Its always hard to face more surgery, that I can empathise with, but both of you keeping a positive attitude that has carried you this far and you will find the days will get better again also after this next episode has passed.

I can relate about the kids and holidays too, I always go quieter during the kids hols as the extra toll makes me have to reprioritise things. 

Take care

• Like 2

Shobs,

You have been strong so please hang on in there xx 

When they suggested me having a shunt put in my hubby was so scared for me as I had bad Hydrocephalus and was always in cuckoo land.

My hubby rang Surgeons male nurse up and said he is worried about it.  The nurse then told  the Surgeon who rang hubby up  and said "if it was my wife I'd let her have a shunt put in"

Hubby gave the go ahead and I went in on Thursday I think ?? and had it done Friday and was home by Saturday saying hello to my dogs who I'd not spoken to for an age.

So just take their lead,  and Good luck to you and hubby for the 16th onward  xx 

Let us know how he gets on  xxxx  Remember no stress xxxx xxxx

• Like 3

Thanks Winb & Daffodil - thanks ever so much.

I am keeping chin up, but there are small dips fair few times. It will all finish on a happy note hopefully, in 2 weeks time.

I will keep you all posted on the progress  as and when i know

love

Shobs xxx

• Like 1

Thank you very lovely ladies

I spoke with the nurse at the radiology clinic and she mentioned she got all reports about the renal function. The renal consultant has signed off the mild aspirin intake for 6 months following this procedure.

The nurse told we are all set to come in and just fingers crossed that we will get a bed in the ITU on the day of the procedure, so that he can be closely monitored there for a few days.  We are staying positive! :o)

Love,

Shobs xxxxxx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely people - good news, sandeep's aneurysm is coiled now. I am yet to speak with the consultant to get all the details,but there has been no stent needed, only the coils. Sandeep is being closely moNitoed in CCU for the fluctuating BP.

Pardon the typos, at the Hosp and from my and mobile, and possibly tears filling up too 

Love

Shobs xx

• Like 6

Let the tears flow Shobs! Well done you, well done Sandeep, tell him to keep up the good work and a blessing on the steady hands of the crew that operated on him today and who will no doubt be helping another deserving person to'orrow. 

thats another thing in the rear view mirror for you now but go steady both of you. There's no rush. 

so pleased for you both. 

• Like 2

Great to hear your news about Sandeep.

So glad his coiling has been successful.....and don`t worry about shedding these tears of relief.  Waiting during such a delicate procedure is very tough on the emotions even with the knowledge that the success rate is very high.

Take care both of you....

Subs

• Like 2

Nice one Shobs,

Very pleased for you both.  The real road to recovery starts now and you've go off to a good start!

Hey, it's ok to cry.  I've done it and we blokes aren't supposed to are we?  Go right ahead, I expect it's more from relief than anything else and the new dawn has come!

• Like 1

Thanks ever so much everyone!!! We are back home too. 2 days Sandeep was in the Critical Care Unit.

the First day was very drowsy and the doctor was happy with the procedure - he gave me sometime and asked me ' do you want to ask anything' i was just mumbling and asked did it go okay!!!

I had a million things lined and all i could manage was is he okay? Sandeep's memory was fine, but was drowsy, he was quick chatty that day. Towards the end of the day, there was a lot of throwing up with anesthesia wearing off - they tried to give the medicine orally.

Wednesday was rather a quiet day with headache, and lots of sleep/nap/resting. Thursday was quite an upbeat day where he was clear-headed and was allowed to eat too. He was quite ready to go home from the neurological point of view. then they move him to neuro ward, after 24 hrs of observation they okayed to be go on yesterday(friday around 8 oclock) to go home.

So we now are only coils, no stent, as they have been able to manage just with the coils. This means there is no aspirin needed and there will be no worry about the detrimental effect on the already suffering kidneys.Apparently the remainder of the aneurysm is fully coiled and also the neck! The consultant is extremely happy with the procedure and told there is no other procedure needed if all stay the same.

It was a flood of relief - i now understand 'rug pulled from under the feet' & 'flood of relief sweeping me' to the dot and the dash.

Said all that there is a fear to be fully happy (i hope to shake it off soon) - we have now come to terms to our own normal and trying to find what the newer normal is, as there have been headaches and mild left side body weakness, (thats where he had the first stroke)  - all again :o)

And i cant believe i finish it with a smiling smiley !

We are positive and hopeful that it is going to go okay and we will see through this too.

Next week its the term holidays. In the past years of parenthood, we took turns to take time off to take care of them. But probably for the first time, we are all going to be home for full 10 days, with absolutely no hectic plans or no going away or no visits. Just be together inside our home and get better together :o)

Hugs

Shobs xxxxxx

• Like 7

Good luck Shobs and may half term be a peaceful one  ha ha  as it never is  xx 

Glad all is well and you can now watch hubby get better slow but sure !! 

Now the work begins and you will know when he is better as you get back to normal life with each other xx

Wishing you all the Best for You, Sandeep and family and good you can even type a smiley xxxx

Be Well xxxxxx

• Thanks 1

Hi Shobs,

That's good news and I would expect you will appreciate that time together all the more, for the rest of your life.

Onwards and upwards now, although it could still be quite a long road to full recovery for Sandeep.  Fatigue will be a problem, no doubt, and he will recover in his own time.

• Like 2

Hi Shobs

So pleased that you're taking him home.  Half term holidays too - lots of rest and relaxation and time to spend together.  It brings tears to my eyes but a smile to my face when I read of survivors going home.

Enjoy your time together and make new memories for the new normal (to be honest, I prefer my new normal a majority of the time x).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1