My Darling Linda

paul99

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear you've had this setback Paul, I know from personal experience that having an operation cancelled at short notice is pretty hard to bear. I'm sure you would have liked Lin to have had it all behind her by Christmas, but hopefully Lin will pass the next three tests and the operation won't be delayed again.

Take care,

Sarah

Paul, I posted a reply yesterday and obviously forgot to hit the "submit" button...arrgh! Only just noticed that it wasn't on the forum!:shock:

So sorry to hear your latest news. If anybody deserves some decent New Year's luck, it's you and Lin.

How's Lin coping with the MRSA?

Sending hugs to you...xx

hi karen

dont worry too much lin is ok tomorrow is the first swab there has been two rest days after the swab has been taken they start the second weeks treatment then rest monday and tuesday next week test on the weds for another two weeks once all three come back clear then only knows when the surgeon will do the op i had some good news my test came back clear thats one worry out the way hugs and cuddles

Hi Paul,

Thank goodness that your own tests are clear, that's great news! :-D

I shall be keeping everything crossed for Lin over the coming weeks .... and just as importantly, don't forget to look after yourself too. xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul not been around much lately life and the family has been busy so only just catching up. Sorry to hear that Lin has to wait a bit longer for her op hopefully she will get the all clear soon and it can go ahead. Sending love and hugs to you both.

• 1 month later...

hello everyone

im so sorry i havent posted for a while, things have been manic to say the least lin is doing ok she is now getting the help and advice now which has never been given over the last few years.

the legal issue has now been resolved by the high court and lin is now protected forever the court is not a friendly place to which i found terrifiying to say the least and the wait for the judges direction took seven days which was purgortary [spelling] but lin is safe now.

the update for lin is we are still waiting for a date as the surgeon is in australia for the month of feb but the hospital think it maybe early march, we will wait and see but in the meantime lin has a weekly visit to litchfield for the neurological assesment which at the moment is all phyiso which seems to really paying off, whereas lin has been sitting in her chair and sitting in bed has caused the tendons to retract and shorten so the new positions and manlipulations seems to be reversing that situation big grin.

linda is almost off the baclofen the last dose is being done tomorrow we suffer a couple of days of moans and groans as the drug leaves her system but if all goes well by next friday lin will be more relaxed and more supple [big grin ] and more with it .

the home did another special valentines day lunch and one of the staff did a card for me from lin and as i opened it linda opened her eyes and looked directly into my eyes i read it to her and she looked at me right through the hackles went up on the back of my neck big time and the tears fell big time.

things are going slowly but steady and lin is getting what has been denied for such a long time and lin seems to be coming back one step at a time why is one hospital so different than another ? i still dont understand

i think thats all for now i will let you know the date when we know hugs and cuddles to everyone xx

Paul, I was so happy to read the legal issue has finally been resolved, well done you for all the hardwork, heartache, stress and all the rest that you must have been through to get the justice that you and Lin so deserve - what a weight off your shoulders.

Plenty of positive things going on right now for you both - lets hope you are not waiting too much longer for the op.

A Valentine moment to treasure there Paul - it even brought a tear to my eye!

Thanks for giving up some of your precious time to update us Paul, it's always lovely to hear from you.

Love to you both,

Sarah

Hi Paul

lovely positive things going on long may they continue such a lovely post to read this morning I hope things continue to move their way forward...

Lots of smiles and grines from you well done mate....

take care love to Lin....

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone

just popped n to keep you updated i was going to keep quite because of the last time i mentioned lins date for surgery and it being cancelled .

well lin is due to go in next tuesday for surgery on wednesday bed being available [again] but if all goes well i will dissapear for about four days all being well before i can take lin back to the home .

the neuro phyiso is really achieveing really good results lin is far more supple and relaxed and her feet touch the foot rest on the wheel chair , when we come back the phyiso has to start from the beginning again as everyone thinks lins body attitude will change so we start from the beginning then onto the speech therapy then onto occupational therapy at long last people are going to do their best for lin lin is off all drugs now that feels good and lin show's that she is made of strong stuff i will close now take care love from lin and me

ps i forgot the most important development twice now the phyiso have had lin sitting on the edge of the tables they do the treatment on twice over two sessions for 15 mins and lin have kept her balance the whole time with no one holding her thats MAGIC

Hi Paul and Lin,

Good luck with the op.

Firstly I would just like to tell you to keep your chin up,

I could not hold myself up I was a state and you along with others on here helped my Daughter Bessie/Sarah.

I still cannot walk but can hold myself up now instead of falling on my daughter and walking is about 60/100 yards.

The OT's said I would never walk, so I proved them wrong, you tell Lin to never give up,

Good luck to you both you deserve it xx

Regards

WinB143 Fingers crossed xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scarlett

Hi,

Paul asked me to post to let you all know that Linda had her operation yesterday and there is a slight improvement.

Scarlett

x

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear the positive news. Remember to stay strong yourself so you can give as much help as you can. if you're feeling down at any time, just get on here and tell us -we'll help - don't forget we're willing Linda to get well also - this can be a team effort if you let us in!!

Good luck

Macca

hi everyone

i have taken lin to the home and feeling so tired i cant explain but the operation has exceeded all expections the op was cancelled on weds as a poor chap in front of lin his op didnt go to well and took lins itu bed even though lin had been put under

ive since found out the chap is holding his own so thats good news there was talk of lin being discharged for a later date but when the staff ask the surgeon he told them she isnt going anywhere untill its been done lin was operated on friday at 11 30am we took her down again to theatres and told her she had to come back to me lin appeared at 6pm and i have to admit i broke down big time the staff took me to one room and sat with me i couldnt get over the fact not only had lin come back to me she looked like the lin i knew no hole in the head it did take up over half in the first instant , but when i spoke to her she opened up her eyes and looked directly into my eyes lin was so relaxed and settled her head had straightend up as per the normal person instead of being over to one side the arms so so relaxed not stiff and inflexable lin now has control of her head holding up up no dribbling now either she is keeping her mouth and controlling her lips and the swallowing has improved in fact there are so many tiny but significant improvements to lin i now know lin has the chance to improve herself with the help from the neuro rehab team in the next few weeks and months its going to be a couple of weeks before the team get their hands on her to allow the sutures to heal properly and i think the team will push her gently to get what she can do herself with help

i will never be able to repay this surgeon ever for giving lin this chance but he has given lin the chance to do whatever she can in her recovery the nursing staff were fantastic a lot of lost sleep for me but by god it was worth it just looking at lin move her eyes when i or anyone else speaks to her and the fact she can now hold her head up proudly and with confidence and is far more comfortable in herself thank you scarlett for posting the message and taking the liberty of asking you to do so thank you from the bottom of my heart

macca i have ben in some very dark and nasty places over the last few years i wont ask for help but many on here karen and quite a few others have picked up on my posts and stopped me doing something very silly which would have left lin alone and for that i will always be so gratefull and proud to call them close friends and hopfully life friends

so from a shattered paul and the lovely lin good night god bless and dont let the bed bugs bite xxpaul &the new lin

Archived