My Darling Linda

paul99

Hi Paul,

I'm sure will be so pleased to be back in her own bed again. Good to hear she is starting to recover from that awful ordeal.

I hope you don't have to wait too long for your own investigations & like Sarah says, I wish there was someone taking as much care of you as you do of Lin while you go through this. Look after yourself, good luck

Michelle xx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

hi everyone

its nice to be back lin is doing ok now the drs have changed lins condition from vegitive state to locked in syndrome as lin understands what is being said to her last Monday the nurse commented on her boob size and Linda giggled big time and has done so every time she is on just to get lin to giggle or react in some way

lin has improved quite a bit but still has a way to go im waiting with bated breath for things to happen ,

I haven't been around much the drs have done all their tests which have come back no trace of cancer cells which was brilliant news I didn't tell lin what was going on except that the drs wanted to check me over it was a massive relief to say the least but as a consequence of the scans and contrasts they used gave me some chest pain which came and went but last Monday I used my tnt spray to relieve the pain but it didn't stop it and because I really felt not right I drove myself to hospital expecting to be told there's nothing wrong only to find myself rushed up to the cardiac unit plumbed in to all the wires and after the tests I was taken to theatres for an angioplasty where they put two stents in the coronary arteries to open the vessels up this all happened so fast it was a shock to say the least I thought it was a reaction to the contrast they used I've had a rollicking from the nurse who was looking after lin but im ok a little tender and bruised but now ok and my son blew his stack because I didn't tell him I was having chest pains for a while

thank you all for being so caring love to you all from lin and a very grateful me hugs and cuddles everyone

Paul I am so glad to hear your tests came back fine but as for the chest pains they are a warning to slow down or at least share Lins care where you can. Your son would be very worried for you & rightly so, you do need to keep him in the loop & let him do as much as he can for you.

Glad also to hear that Lins wicked sense of humour is there bubbling under the surface & she is able to be much more comfortable.

Please look after yourself Paul cos Lin needs you to be fit & healthy xxxx

Hi Paul

I'm just popping on to say slow down a bit, rest more & most of all take care of yourself as well as your lovely lady. Good to hear your tests were clear, not so good that you became unwell & needed treatment. I hope you are feeling much better very soon.

Michelle xx

Pleased that your test results came back negative, I know you were very worried. What a bummer having to have stents inserted in your coronary artery, the last stents I had inserted was 10 years ago and, touch wood, have had no problems since. Hope it is the same for you.

Lin seems to be getting the correct medical care now which is a positive.

Take care of you both.

Hi Paul,

Sorry you have had so much going on recently, but so pleased for you that the results were good and you were treated swiftly with the other problem. It’s high time you had a spell of good things going your way again and with that said I am sure the lovely Lin will try her best and provide you with a few surprises to make you smile along the way.

I have so much admiration for you Paul, take care

Sarah

Hey Paul

Good to hear tests came back ok, sorry to hear about the heart been saying for you to slow down and take care of yourself.

Yep sounds as tho Lin is getting a sense of homour.

love to you both

I imagine it was like a little ray of sunshine hearing Lin's laughter. It's good you've been looked after and I'm so Glad surgery went ok. Don't keep things from your son for fear of upsetting him, Honesty is always the best option I think. If you were my Dad I'd have wanted to know...to help, I'm sure that's how he felt.

Stay well and go easy Paul.

• 1 month later...

hi everyone

not been on for a while due to tests and such, the main reason is lin has been rushed back to Birmingham and has been in for over a week with another infection they have told me its an aggressive form of cellulitis and they have been pumping iv antibiotics into poor lin I have never seen such aggressive treatment for her. the hospital amazes me with their devoted dedication and treatment of lin nothing has been too much trouble for them and they have made me comfortable as sleeping on hospital chairs is not very comfortable lin is holding her own I have come back tonight to get a shower and a decent nights sleep before going back at 5 in the morning I have never seen lin change into so many colours from very grey to purple all over to yellow back to normal so its been a worrying time im sorry ive not been around as such so good night to one and all hugs and cuddles to all xx

Oh, Paul, I'm so sorry Lin has another infection to have to fight off. It's nice to hear that she has some great staff looking after her and I hope it's not long before Lin is responding to the treatment and starts improving.

Take care,

Sarah

Paul, I've been so tardy with my replies to you, what with one thing and another at this end .... Gosh, Lin is certainly going through it, bless her and you ... how are you doing? Sending hugs and love to you both xx

Hi Paul,

I'm so sorry to hear about this latest set back.

I hope that Lin will soon be on the mend.

Try to get some rest dear Paul, remember to look after yourself too.

You're both in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,

SarahLou Xx

hi everyone

I have just taken lin back to the home as the hospital have done as much for lin as they can, lins infection makers have started to fall which means they have got on top of the infection and the antibiotics are working thank god. still is still fairly rough so to speak but the nurses are well experienced to treat lin and to continue the antibiotics for the next two weeks and regular blood tests to monitor the infection levels I cant sleep hence catching up with what I've missed on btg I left lin sleeping like a log lin was looking out of the car windows looking at the lights and as soon as she was put to bed fell asleep straight away bless her so from a tired me and the lovely lin goodnight and god bless xx

My daughter used to say to her Dad " Dad will Mum be Okay?" he would reply "Yes of course but when is another matter".

Keep chin up Paul xx

I had cellulitus, thought they meant fat on thighs. I was so slow back then, (not much change )

Keep strong Paul for all of you xx

Regards

WinB143 x

hi everyone sorry not been on for a while lins doing ok the blister behind her ear ruptured today and a load of yuck flowed out the wound has been cleaned and the staff are going to keep an eye on it for her to get it to dry out yesterday was an emotional day big time, it was the 5th anniversary of Linda's bleed and her survival and the tears flowed big time I managed to get a proper Faberge egg necklace for her in royal blue enamel with diamonds around the centre decoration and told her not to leave me behind I got a lovely moan from lin as if she knew what I had said a very emotional day but im so happy lin is still with me and thank you all for supporting me through the nightmare god bless and thank you love from lin and me xx

Gosh that sounds like a beautiful gift Paul, you and Lin are blessed to have each other.

Tears are ok, my friend and I both had a good cry this morning as she handed me a lil gift for my Anni-Versary.

Sometimes emotions are so very raw when you step back and realise just how far you have come.

I'm sending you both great big hugs and lots of love.

Take care,

SarahLou Xx

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone I haven't been on much recently we rushed lin down to Birmingham last week to see the neurosurgeon because of the abscess he wanted it to try and heal by granulation as the wound went right down to the bone with that settled and at peace of mind we came back to resume our normal routine

sat evening I got a call lin was found in her room cyanosed blue and unresponsive and that an ambulance had been called I rushed up to the home just in time to see the ambulance leaving on blue lights I asked what had happened the above was what the staff said I asked where they were taking lin TO STAFFORD hospital my heart sank got in the car and tried to catch them up and failed I got to the hospital lin was in ressus in a/e looking awful

I have only seen that half as bad when she collapsed in 08 I had to sit with her as they did there stuff c/t scan x-rays and all the blood tests one could do praying that lin wouldn't leave me I whispered that so many times to her then they brought up the DNR in her notes then I flew off the handle and told them that only applies if her heart stops beating it turned out lin had pneumonia in the left lung so poor lin has been in hdu being pumped full of antibiotics since then I've been with her until today when the fever broke at lunch time and lin fell asleep peacefully I have never seen lin scream or moaned so much as she has this weekend so im going to bed now and try and get some sleep I have never been so scared as this weekend because I didn't want to be left alone is that selfish of me ? night night god bless xx

Paul, definitely not selfish and I owe you a PM reply ... bless you, would well imagine that Lin going back to Staffs hospital would have filled you with utter and absolute dread!

Good news that Lin's fever has broken ... I really hope that the pair of you get some peace soon ... what a nightmare for you both.

Please go and get some sleep and take care of you too...xx

Hi Paul,

I'm glad that Lin's fever has broken and that she's able to get some proper rest.

You two have been through so much, my heart goes out to you.

Get some good rest yourself now.

You're both in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,

SarahLou Xx

Archived