Introducing Myself - Sharon

Guest mojojojo

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sharon,

No problems....I'm working at the minute, but if you email the photo to me, then I'll be able to do the avatar for you once I'm back home.

If you see the picture of an envelope on the right hand side of this message, that's how you can also contact me .... just click on to the envelope and it will bring up my email address.

However, I'll send you a quick private message with it on.

Guest mojojojo

Thanks for doing the picture for me, always nice to put a behind the words.

May i ask why the name behind the gray it has so much meaning i wondered who thought of it and why?

Take Care

Sharon

No problem Sharon. Sorry to shatter any illusions about the name or its meaning for this website ..... the domain name of behind the gray was bought by my son Chris when he used to have his own music website .... when he stopped running his own website and we set this one up, we thought that we just as well use a name that had already been bought and paid for, plus it seemed to fit. It was really all about the finances, as this site is privately funded and not a charity, so we needed to keep costs to the bare minimum. Hope that I've explained that ok! :?

Hi Sharon,

I've been asked a few times about the website name ...... if it hadn't of fitted as such, I don't think that we would have used it, but then again, maybe we wouldn't have set up the website either, as the cost was a major consideration .... so, it's been a matter of luck really and I never really expected the website to survive for more than a few months, after the initial launch .... if I hadn't have had the technical help of my kids, then it wouldn't be in existence today ... so, it's all down to fate..... :wink:

Guest mojojojo

Hiya

I have been with Mum most of the night as she became unwell. I had to take her to the Hospital in the morning for a scan on her tummy. They found out she had Gall Stones which can be treated no problem. But i think having gone to the hospital it has trigged old memories.

I get a call from the home to say mum has become very aggressive. I got up there as soon as i could and when i did she was in a right state. Screaming hysteirically, swearing, running up and down the corridor.. she kept saying she wanted to be with Dad it was so heartbreaking. They gave her Lorazapan but it didnt help. The doctor arrived and injected her now that was so sad having to be sedated.

The doctor said he felt mum needed another valuaton and didnt think the home was the right place for her, but he was going down the line of mental health. There is no way i am letting go into a phyciatric unit once more. Drugs are not the answer and as i said to the Doc she is a patient with a Brain injury....Why can't people understand that?

Really sorry to hear the latest :(:(:( I don't have an answer for you sadly but I am sure that if she gets assessed by the mental health team it will be a step in the right direction in trying and get her moved ( I assume she is still at the home in Swindon). Is she able to communicate with you or feed and dress herself? It must be tough on you and your dad but there must be someone out there who can help the situation surely? Would you dad be up for coping with her at home if someone came in 2 or 3 times or day or does she need 24/7 care. I hope things start to look up soon.

Elaine

Hi Sharon,

Do you know what part of the brain was affected by your Mum's bleed? I must admit, that mental health seems to be a problem for many of us that have had a SAH .... we're all affected one way or another .....whether we like to admit it or not ...... outbursts of anger, frustration, fear etc are probably more common than many of us like to admit....

Sending love to you xx

Guest mojojojo

I think it was the frontal lobe of the brain. I guess it's a fear with mum more than anything. I guess she is scared bless her. But when she panics it is so scary she feels like she is dying and say's the very same. So sad . I don't think drugs are the answer but will wait and see what the Doc suggest. So upsetting. :(

I feel so sorry for you, maybe an assessment will help but lots of us have had some form of mental problems from the SAH.

I am having trouble with my counsellor at the minute too, had one appt, left 4 messages for her to call, has she no and so now no appt for nearly three months.

Why don't they understand that mentally sometimes we need help too?

Love and hugs

Laura

xx

Guest mojojojo

Been to see Mum today and i am sad to say she isnt well at all. It's such a complicated thing with my mum and so hard to decribe. She seems locked in her thinking... if she get's something into her head she repeats it continuously. Today she is saying she is dying. And this scares cause inside her mind it is real....

There is such a fine line between a brain injury and mental health. One would assume if you didnt know my mum had suffered a SAH you would think she is Mad.

It's so hard seeing her in the home, to see her scream, cry, her confusion overwhelms me and i wish there was something we could do.

It seems right now the only alternative is to serdate her. This hard too

A doctor once said to me "imagine you had an itch inside your head you could'nt scratch... well thats how it feels with mum.

I would to see her have to go through this daily. It crushes my heart!!

Hi Sharon,

Sorry to hear that ..... must be so upsetting for you to see. Your Mum sounds very scared, bless her. I think that feeling scared is something that all of us SAH'ers have sympathy with and have experienced to some sort of degree and mental health problems aren't uncommon after a brain injury. Anxiety is an awful thing to deal with and I can certainly say that I had an over-exagerrated fear of dying for a very long time...

Thinking of you and hope things improve soon. K x

Guest mojojojo

Life is hard at times, i hate to see people hurting and when its your own is so so hard. Mum is struggling at the moment and is locked into her own world. She is now under the treatment of mental health which frightens the life out of me. There seems no happy medium with mum and she is either Anxious confused aggitated or completely zonked out on drugs. Hate it.

I am bitter at times as i feel we should be enjoying our time together now, her being 60 and me 36 we could be doing so much together. I resent where she is all the time.

I look into her eyes and i see fear and it's heartbreaking.

There are so many different side affects of SAH and i am inspired by the stories on here, but it dosent stop my own personal pain i feel. I am sad today :(

:Karen is there anyway i can upload a Video so i could show you how she is right now?

Sharon.

Hi Sharon

My heart goes out to you - me and my mum are a similar age to you and yours - I'm 37 and my mum is 61. I know this is really hard for you at the moment and it must be awful to see fear in your mums eyes - all i can suggest is that you try to comfort her when you see this - tell her everything is going to be OK. It's kind of like role reversal isn't it - mum's take away all our fears when we're little and now you have to do this for your mum.

Take care of yourself hun and try to stay positive at this difficult time ( i know it's easier said than done ).

Speak soon and we're all here for you.

Big hugs and lots of love to you both

Love Sami xxx

hi sharon

i have read all you say and i might be able to give you some hope i have been speaking to a friend who works at queens sq in london who has helped me along with everyone on here and the info is as follows the frontal lobe controls the following

physical

increase or decreased interest in sex

cognitive

personality and behavioral eg chidish joking silliness self centered behaviour inabitily to see how others are reacting lack of initiative inpropriate social behavoiur

emotional

lack of anxiety or concern for the future impulsiveness restless irritability impatience

it seems that your mum is suffering with all these problems i would suggest that you confront the dr with the above with all the above no wonder she is being uncopertive she is still recovering in regard to the last selection and i would think they would think before they act please ask the dr and maybe you will get proper answers to your questions and peace of mind i hope this helps and thank you for being there for me god bless

Hi Sharon,

Sorry, but we don't have the facilities here for videos, wish that I could help. I can see that you're very distressed.

If you're looking for more medical advice or more insight, you could try giving the Brain and Spine foundation a call .... they have neuroscience nurses on their free telephone helpline and as Paul has said, perhaps the damage to the frontal lobe is causing these distressing problems for your Mum. The Headway Organisation are also v.good and they too, have a free phone helpline.

http://brainandspine.org.uk/helpline/index.html

http://www.headway.org.uk/

Try giving them a call, see if you can get some info as to whether the frontal lobe damage could be causing the probs and then, as Paul has said speak to the Dr's again.

Hugs to you Sharon .....xx