Introducing Myself - Sharon

Guest mojojojo

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ElaineW

At long last Sharon - that light for you at the end of the tunnel. I hope things progress onwards and upwards now. You must feel like some weight has been taken off your shoulders.

Elaine

Hi everyone Ihave been reading some of the behind the gray site messages for about anhour this afternoon and decided to register.My name is Dee and had my SAH. on a glorious sat morning about five weeks ago.Iwas taking part in a cyclosportive which was a 100 mile bike ride over Dartmoor.After about 18 mls at the bottom of a very steep uphill climb I had a terrible headache and it was just like you read and hear about like being hit on the back of the head with a hammer.I managed to stumble off of my bike and sat by the side of the road with my head in my hands.I did not have any idea what it was other than a bad headache, After a while I heard a voice ask if I was ok the woman was out for a ride on her horse and was infact a Doctor. I explained all I had was a headache and she thought I might be dehydrated if only. I managed to ride another 30 mls to a feed station where I could not cycle any further. I still didn't think it was anything more than a bad headache. I drove the 70 mls to my home in Barnstaple N. Devon. When I got home I didn't say anything to my wife Tina. That evening the headache eased off butI got a stiff neck. I still didn't tell my wife. The following thursday I finally gave into the headache and went to see my G.P. After telling my GP the story he made me go to the hospital for a C.T.scan which didn't show anything but the lumber puncture showed blood in all three samples. Then starts the rollercoaster ride Iwas wisked off by ambulance to Derriford ICU. After being made stable I was operated on and had coils fitted. Now comes the taking it easy worrying and generally getting better over the next few months.Iwould like to thank my wife Tina for helping me through that life changing bike ride in september.

kind regards DEE......

Hi Dee

Welcome to BTG your story sounds a little bit like my own except I went into my local hospital and spent almost a week there before my SAH was diagnosed and treated.

You are still very early on in your recovery so remember to be kind to yourself and get plenty of rest and fluids. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Janet x

Hi Dee,

Yes your story sounds like mine too. It was the lumber puncture with blood still in it that made them investigate mine further, then eventually they diagnosed it giving me 12 hours to be operated on!

Welcome to BTG - this is a fab site for support and advice. You are so early on in your recovery. Take care and listen to your body. Remember to rest. Hoping you have lots of love and support from your family - it sounds like you have. Tina sounds like a fab lady.

Love and hugs

Laura

xx

Hi Dee, A very warm welcome to Behind The Gray.....you will find lots of support and answers here.... this website has been a true Godsend to me, i would not be where i am today if it was not for all the wonderful support and friendship. Hope to hear from you soon, take care Love Tina xx

Hi Dee

Welcome aboard!!

This is the best place to be to help with recovery, you can ask anything at all or even just vent your feelings, we all know what it is like.

Hope to hear more from you :D

hugs

shiree

Guest mojojojo

Hello Dee

Welcome to BTG..... a warm and inviting site. I have only been on here a few months but have made some wonderful friends.... each with thier own stories to share. Great to meet you Dee xxxx

Guest ElaineW

Hi Dee - you will find everything you need to know on this site - it has been a lifeline for me on many occasions. Hope you progress well and will soon be back on that bike.

Elaine

Guest mojojojo

Sometimes when something as traumatic as an SAH and the affects it has on the sufferer and their carer's make me personally questions my faith......is there a reason that people survive SAH. Ultimately i feel Mum is here for a reason. She is here still to make others around her smile. There is a chalming lady in Mum's care home who Mum has become very close to........ if mum hadnt had the SAH she would never of met Little old Jean a Friendships made from tragic circumstances but ultimately a friendship non the less. I keep saying i want this year to be over but you know what its an extra year have had with Mum. :D I Love You Mum xxx

Hi Sharon,  I agree with you completely.  I've been saying to my sister for the last couple of weeks that mum obviously has unfinished business or she would not have fought so hard to stay......Last night she apparently commented to one of the nurses that she is not ready to  go yet. This amongst all of the off centre things that she has been saying....there are obviously reasons why this all happens but  unfortunately we will probably never know why..

take care and keep that faith......

karen

Guest mojojojo

I often feel guilty that i dont go and see Mum every day. Should i? Should i feel like i need to see her every day in case something happens to her...... Mum has been in there since June and i struggle at times with my Family and Work to get to see her and for that i feel bad.

My Dad's treatment starts Monday and i have to help him also i guess i can't be at two places at once but it dosent stop me feeling guilty. :(

Don't feel guilty Sharon, you can't be in two places at once and you also have to have time for yourself too ..... your Mum would understand that it's hard for you, I know that I would..... she also wouldn't want to see you get ill because you're doing too much, so take some time out for yourself. xx