Introducing Myself - Sharon

Guest mojojojo

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ElaineW

You have no reason to feel guilty at all but I know where you are coming from. Visiting makes you very weary and to have an odd day or two to yourself is what you need to keep going.With due respect if its anything like my mum she cannot even remember when she last saw me so try not to beat yourself up about it. You most definitely need quality time on your won or with friends so make sure you get it.

Elaine

Guest mojojojo

I'm going away today.....recharge the batteries so to speak..... thank you everyone for your kinds... your all special people with the kindest of hearts. xxx

Guest mojojojo

Batteries recharged had a real nice time. Back to reality but feel strength now to fight my Dad's little battle that lies ahead. I am hoping it is going to be straight forward for him, not sure i mention but i work in the Hospital and i kinda know the right people who will treat Dad so that reasurring. Just wish my Mum didnt move away at the time of her SAH i would have made sure she got the rght treatment. Still she is home now and that makes me grateful.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend thanks for all your PM'S while i was away always lovely to know people are thinking of you...Thank You. xx

Paul hope Lin had a peaceful weekend i'm sure you right by her side still loving every minute of her xxx

Guest ElaineW

You mum is home - that's great news. I too work in a GP surgery so I know the right strings to pull so to speak and it certainly helps. Glad you had a nice break and hope all goes well wth your dad now. Who is looking after your mum now she is home or have I missed a thread somewhere?

Elaine

Guest mojojojo

Hiya Elaine.

Mum retired down to Weston and left her home town of swindon.... when i said she is home i meant she is home in Swindon. I was gutted when she moved away and so so sad when she had the SAH withought her family being there. Hope your well Elaine and thanks for your messages xxx

Guest mojojojo

Hello Everyone.

I've had some good news yesterday, i have been given a promotion at work. I have now taken i lead job in PALS (Patient advice and liason service) Ironic really as when my mum became ill i used to complain to them all the time, god know's how i fumbled my way trough the interview the state i am in, but anyway i apparently interviewed very well :-)

Mum is still waiting for her review but on a good note her meds seem to be helping her a little she is alot more calmer which is all i ask for, its horrible to watch when she has a panic attack.

Love to you all

Sharon xx

Guest mojojojo

I am so getting used to the Nursing Home my Mum is in, i am stating to understand the behaviour of others around her, my mum isnt herself and to me she is deteriorating. I see her change daily but she is still here and for that as i have said before i am so grateful. God how delicate the brain is huh.

One lady in the home tells me all about her life each time i go there and i know so much about her, she has no living relatives didnt have children and is loving her time in the home isnt that sweet.

My praise and i mean this sincerely go to all the staff in the Nursing Home who are amazingly patient. :)

Hi Sharon

I was just following your thread and it struck a chord with me when you were talking about feeling guilty if you didn't visit your mum everyday. My mum is in the Wessex Neuro in Southampton and I am in Basingstoke - not far away - but I have to rely on other people for transport. I haven't been down there for a couple of days and started to feel guilty, that she was down there on her own, although she is heavily sedated and has been since she had her SAH but all the same I started to feel bad, its mad, I mean she hasn't got a clue at the moment! I'm glad you took some time out, it certainly sounds like you needed it and congratulations on your promotion! You probably did so well in your interview because you didn't have time to get stressed out about it, having so much else on your mind! I really hope that your mum improves.

All the best

Jo

Guest mojojojo

Jo,

Gosh i know exactly how you feel right now i remeber the time she was in hospital so vividly, thanks for sharng your story with me, we have alot in common. And if you ever need help and support i would be more than happy to help you. i know exactly what your going through.

Take Care

Sharon xx

Guest mojojojo

Felling so so sad today and have cried lots of tears...sometimes i can go to the Nursing home and feel positive and strong over times i go and it overwhelms me today is one of those days...... so sad.......why my mum huh :( hurts seeing her i mean that. Makes me cry. I wish i can do more to help her but i know there is nothing that can be done.

Miss her bad

Guest ElaineW

Feel sad for you, like me you are very close to your mum and it must be heartbreaking to watch. :(:(

But she is with you :D:D and I guess on bad days that is all we can be thankful for.

Elaine

Guest mojojojo

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing ok, as you know my last visit to mum was quite upsetting, and to be honest i havent been able to go and see her as i am still upset, not sure what to do about it, i make out to friends that i am strong when really i am a wreck, i am sure you have all been there and can relate but i feel so horrible not gong to see her. I think i am going to go today and just hope she is better. I know she is being taken care of and i have rang everyday but i felt so bad the last time i saw her and couldnt stop crying.

I know there is nothing wrong with not seeing her but i feel so gulity when i don't. Can anyone help me overcome my guilt and sadness?

Take Care

Sharon x