My mum..

karen lloyd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ElaineW

What lovely news. Your story is deja vu with that of my mum who was also saying and imagining all sorts of things. She was insistent many a time that a friend (who is a District Nurse) had visited and served her tea and she would not have it that she was wrong so we gave up arguing with her. I was also in a court case - all nonsense. I can comprehend with the talking bit especially and it must be lovely for the nurses to hear it too after such a long time. I did not want to leave my mum the first day that she was able to speak. I hope she is home with you soon and you can tell her about her amazing recovery.

Elaine

• 4 weeks later...

HI everyone, just a quick update,

well today we got the news that we were looking for ...Mum has been shortlisted to go to rehab........woo hooo.....we were a bit worried that they were not going to recommend this as we were told three weeks ago that it really looked like a nursing home for her...but she has just come on leaps and bounds. the confusion, memory and halucinations have come to a point where they really think that she will be able to come home. What a long rocky road we have travelled...reading all the stories,advice etc on here has really kept our hopes alive and gotten both my sister and myself through a lot of the traumas that we have had. so even people who lurk in the background a lot find this site a heap of support...thanks to everyone...YES MIRACLES DO HAPPEN.....

best wishes to all

karen lloyd

Hi

Just be patient and give it time - easier said than done I know, my husband and daughters visited me everyday for a month and I dont remember! was hard for them I know, but I've come through the other side and am making good progress. Things will get better, take care

Caroline

Guest ElaineW

That is wonderful news and yes miracles do happen. Didn't think I would have another Xmas with my mum so I know how you feel.

Really pleased for you and your family and hope your mum continues to progress.

Elaine

Guest Beth1957
HI everyone, just a quick update,

well today we got the news that we were looking for ...Mum has been shortlisted to go to rehab........woo hooo.....we were a bit worried that they were not going to recommend this as we were told three weeks ago that it really looked like a nursing home for her...but she has just come on leaps and bounds. the confusion, memory and halucinations have come to a point where they really think that she will be able to come home. What a long rocky road we have travelled...reading all the stories,advice etc on here has really kept our hopes alive and gotten both my sister and myself through a lot of the traumas that we have had. so even people who lurk in the background a lot find this site a heap of support...thanks to everyone...YES MIRACLES DO HAPPEN.....

best wishes to all

karen lloyd

YAY!!!!! Great news, Karen :D

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

thought I'd just give a quick update. Mum came home from hospital on the 20th of December, just in time for Chrissy. My sister and I have been sharing her so that she is with us all of the time. She has come through this amazingly well. All of the hallucinations have disappeared and she is very mobile no paralysis etc. Sometimes she is a bit disorientated but she is getting better everyday. The biggest difference in her is her outgoingness(not really a word) but she is just so much more out going that she used to be.....Very strongly sexually orientated. which is just not our old mum. But hey we can live with that, just have to stop her chasing all the little old men when we take her out. All in all we are just beside ourselves that we have our mum back....Not quite the one we knew, but we love her more than ever. Her biggest problem is feeling cold all the time.. don't know if this is due to the warfarin that she is on but on 35 degree days when everyone is boiling hot she is freezing.

Through all the ups and downs and complication she just never gave up....neither did we.

My love to all, hopefully mums story can help those going through similar times.

Love

Karen

Guest ElaineW

Fab news - my mum came all through this and is now quite a different person too (though she is not chasing little old men)!!!! great news and long may it continue

Elaine

Hi Karen,

Wow, your Mum has really come a long way from the early days, just been looking at your original post ....... I'm so pleased for you! :D

It's so good to hear the updates and I'm sure that many people that look at this website, in a similar position to yourself, will draw a lot of comfort from your posts.

Hope that you will keep in contact .....

Take care,

Love K x

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

Wow doesn't time fly past so quickly...Just been back on the forums after quite a while I'm afraid trying to catch up on everyones post. Well next month it will be 2 years since mum had her sah. If you met my mother today you would never know that she was given a 10% chance of ever leaving the hospital let alone not making it through it at all. Not that I would say it is a complete recovery but it would have to be about 99% and that 1% is not that there is anything wrong just that she has a slightly different personality than the pre sah mum.....more outgoing and social.. So I'm gonna have a bit of a read around on here and try to do some more catching up...

Love to all.

Karen

Hi Karen :) Time sure does fly.....but what a wonderful recovery your Mum has made :) I think the more outgoing social side is because it makes you look at life quite differently than before :)

Take care Karen...its great to hear from you...love Tina xx

Hi there

WOW WOW and WOW again - brilliant that your mum has made such a wonderful recovery. Thanks for letting us all know - it'll certainly inspire those who feel low at the moment and prove that recovery is very much an individual thing.

Take care and please pass my best wishes to your mother.

Hi Karen..

I'm so glad you posted again, it's really helped me reading about you're mum's wonderful recovery :-D My mum suffered a severe SAH just over 3 weeks ago and after coiling is now recovering. At the moment she's not responding or moving much at all and it's a very scary time but reading about your mum has just lifted my spirits :)

Wishing you and your family all the best.

Ash