Comeback - Bill

Bill B

Dose anyone else hoard stuff?  I have a hoard of WW2 memorabilia, weapons, comms, newspapers, medals, insignia, and diarys/ photos. 1960's comics, thousands of books, Annuals ,1960/70 toys, clothes from the 60's /70's  and countless other stuff !  My house is full of valuable/ worthless stuff!

Something else that has emerged from SAH recovery. OCD cleaning! Not in my own house, but every time I go on holiday.

I like to have Villa holidays, in the south of Spain. Three times a year! (Lucky man)! I always end up, sorting the garden out, cleaning the patio, oiling the locks and gate fittings,sorting out the TV and internet, fixing little plumbing problems,.....etc, etc....ad infinitum!

I was not like this pre-SAH. My family think it is hilarious. Everyone is relaxing around the pool,..I am polishing tiles, ...saying ,..."we may be on holiday, but we don't have live like pigs". Needless to say, the owners love us, and ask when we will want to come back!

Brain alterations have unforseen consequences. Onwards and upwards! Bill.

Dear Bill.

I have a lovely house in SE London. Please feel free to holiday there as and when you feel like it. There are many little jobs that need doing and even though I know they need doing my wife seems to keep reminding me every six months. She seems obsessed! Your family can be in London in less than an hour on our superb train service (we will even give them lifts to the station!). You, however, will be busy.....

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 10:39, Johnnie M said:

Dear Bill.

I have a lovely house in SE London. Please feel free to holiday there as and when you feel like it. There are many little jobs that need doing and even though I know they need doing my wife seems to keep reminding me every six months. She seems obsessed! Your family can be in London in less than an hour on our superb train service (we will even give them lifts to the station!). You, however, will be busy.....

Johnnie, stick a skip on your drive, and we have deal!

Bill,

I had a really funny Mum who told me all the silly sayings and she always put my life into perspective.  When she was on a Downer and she tried to gas herself once, I learnt this when I was old enough to understand it.  

She sent us kids out with my older Sister and this is how she and Sister told it.

MUM " I was on a downer and your Father had played me up so I sent Sylvia out with you kids got a pillow and got comfy in the gas oven and then the bleeping gas meter run out of money ".. Meanwhile my Sister took us to an Aunt who came to our house as she knew Mum was really down.

Mum said to Aunt "you know me Eileen I always mess it up"  So as Mum would say head up shoulders back and remember you are better than anyone else. And life is just a bowl  of cherries but she got all the pips xx  xx

I am so glad she never done it as I wouldn't have had so many happy times with her xxxx 

Hope you will remain happy and after what went  through we are entitled to have off days and just think we made it xxx Lots do not  xxxxx  

Keep happy Bill xxxx And remember a Happy song a day keeps the blues away xxxx And a chat on BTG xxxx

Archived