Donation and website news

• 1 month later...

With many thanks to those members who are making a monthly donation towards BTG funds.....It's very much appreciated! x

Also, a big thank you to Marobinson71 for a very generous donation and it will help to keep BTG up and running for a further 3 months, which is fantastic! 

Thank you guys! x

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With many thanks to Katow for her very kind donation and message ❤️ x 

Message:Celebrating my 1 year anniversary of my NaSAH. This site has been a true support throughout my year. I turned to the site OFTEN to hear from others when I felt no one else understood. Recovery is a journey and grateful to have BTG at my side!

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With a big thank you to Les' wife Sandra, to his sons, family and friends for the amazing and very generous gift of £1,100 to help support and run Behind the Gray. This amount was raised after a donation fund was set up by the family as a tribute to our dear friend Les. (Macca)

With this gift it means Les (Macca) leaves a legacy of this site continuing to run for years to come allowing us all, old and new members alike, to honour the gentle kindness of our friend, moderator and fellow SAH survivor but continuing to follow his example. Les always came ready to listen, he gave hope where it was missing, kindness and understanding to all and some of the best advice this forum has known. If you ever read a post from Les you knew it came from the heart. Let’s honour that. 

Les knew how valuable it was to be supported and he knew instinctively to be caring and imparted the knowledge of his own recovery experience and how much it mattered to help make someone else's day that little bit easier. Les will leave his digital legacy with us ... his words of wisdom, kindness and humour will stay with us and will also bring much comfort to those who in future years come to the website for help and support.

Myself and all of the staff/team at Behind the Gray hugely miss the presence of Les. x

Thank you so much to all of his family and friends for helping Behind the Gray and ensuring that we can provide the help and support to future survivors. We are totally overwhelmed by your generosity. xx

• Like 15

Such a gem of a man and the generosity of his family in their time of loss is humbling. 

Les said more than once on this site;

“Keep talking to us and we will offer our support.”

And he always listened and answered here and I hope his legacy means many more people feel less lost post their SAH thanks to that gift. 

I think Win would have also added,  “we are gonna miss you pal” 💞

• Like 7

That is so kind of Macca's family, enabling this site, which helps so many, continue into the future.

Macca will always be remembered by those who 'met' him through this site as someone who always put others first, always willing to help others with his sound advice which was gained through his own recovery from a sah. He had an amazing gift of writing his posts so eloquently, leaving the reader with knowledge and advice that came from the heart.

Sarah x

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am just reading about dear Macca. My deepest condolences to his wife and family. His words were always so kind and encouraging. His words certainly brought strength to me on my SAH journey. Hugs to all the lives he touched. Kathy (Colorado)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...