Teenager dies from brain haemorrhage

Hi all,

This is such a very sad and tragic waste of a young life, hospitals always say they have learned from a mistake

but it still keeps happening. If someone goes to hospital after suffering severe headaches I believe they should be scanned.

When I had my SAH they were going to discharge me with migraine, I`ve never suffered migraine, I was found unconscious

at home, if they had discharged me I would have died, I was told that by the professor who operated on me.

I had a stroke in December and the first thing they mentioned was migraine and my partner blew his top,

he told them he wanted my head scanned to make sure everything was ok with the coiling that I`d had in the June.

I know a lot of this comes down to cost but what price can you put on a persons life, this young lady deserved better 

and her parents deserved to be listened to, parents know their children and doctors should listen to them.

In fact I think anyone who presents with an out of the ordinary headache should be scanned, especially a severe one.

It annoys me to think how many people could be saved by just doing the right thing.

Michelle

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

All one can say is doctors will act as they see appropriate in the best interests of their patient.  We can't give medical advice but one would expect that you would be directed to the nearest place with suitable facilities.

Transfer times will be dependent on where you live in relation to the hospital and how seriously ill you are, whether it is safe to move you etc.

How long is a piece of string?  There is no definitive answer to this one I think.  You should speak to your own doctors about this.

Best wishes 

Macca

• Like 1