Project - Various

Thanks for your replies!

I have a couple of questions for the following people that have responded:

Caroline - Do you know what artery was coiled?

John - Do you know the date of your SAH?

Michelle - Do you know the name of the artery that was coiled?

Sarah C - Do you know the date of your SAH?

Love K x

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ElaineW

Karen - Maggie was part of some study too but I can't remember either, they gave her a 50/50 choice of which way the procedure was to be done from what I can remember, but Like you when I had to sign I just wasn't really worried I just wanted them to operate quickly. ( I had totally forgot about that until you mentioned it)

Elaine

Hi Karen,

Once again sorry for the late reply!

Date of SAH: September 2006

Artery: Left carotid artery that was coiled. I have asked how many but just told loads!

On another note Sas and others, I have my scans from the hospital but so wish I had my notes to read alongside. Might request them but begrudge paying the £25 admin charge again when not long ago paid it paid it for my scans! Karen- do you want me to send copies for the photo album?

Hope this helps

Laura

xx

Ok Keith- will send them to you. Mine cost £40- £25 admin charge and £15 for my scans on CD and p&p!

Myra- I rang QE hospital and they sent me a form to request what I wanted, then time I sent that back, a couple of weeks later I recieved an invoice to pay and then a couple of weeks later I got my CD of scans. They are very interesting but don't understand them really which is why I wished I'd got my notes to go with them! As my sister is a student nurse and her friend is a doctor I could have got them in plain speak if I didn't understand them! All in all it probably took about 6 weeks. Pretty quick I thought, I expected it to take longer

Love and hugs

Laura

xx

Hi Karen,

I was 56 when I had the SAH.

It was as you know a non annie and on enquiring where.......they said the centre of my brain.......sorry I can't be more specific. Got an article to hand that tells the story of a man who had a stroke who originally smoked 40 fags a day, the "insular" in his brain was damaged and he says he almost forgot the urge to smoke......the insular is in the middle of the brain so I reckon thats what happened to me too......I am a VERY BAD ex smoker now!!! Never had one after the hem. the desire just went!!!

Soz, i'm rambling a little

love Suexx

Forgot to say......I def am a femalexx

What age were you when you had the SAH? 51

Do you know what artery was affected? Lost letter telling me where it was!

Some of the log in names are non-gender specific, so if it applies to you, are you male or female? Female :)

Were you coiled or clipped or non-aneurysm or other? Coiled

Hi there

Thought I'd replied to this but I haven't so here goes --

What age were you when you had the SAH? 35

Do you know what artery was affected? Right Posterior communicating artery (PCA)

Some of the log in names are non-gender specific, so if it applies to you, are you male or female?Most definitely female :D

Were you coiled or clipped or non-aneurysm or other? Coiled - nine platinum coils shared between two aneurysms

I got paper copies of my brain scan and it didn't cost me anything - might be due to sister-in-law working at the hospital though :wink:

TTFN

Sami xxx

Guest Beth1957
Got an article to hand that tells the story of a man who had a stroke who originally smoked 40 fags a day, the "insular" in his brain was damaged and he says he almost forgot the urge to smoke......the insular is in the middle of the brain so I reckon thats what happened to me too......I am a VERY BAD ex smoker now!!! Never had one after the hem. the desire just went!!!

Soz, i'm rambling a little

love Suexx

Forgot to say......I def am a femalexx

LOL I hope that they manage to do something to mine when they do my coiling then!

Hi Karen!! I've been looking in on you guys for a few days. How the heck are you?

My SAH was Oct 25, 2005.

no artery, no aneurism (they told me it was venal... and mid brain top)

so no coils or clips one of the very fortunate few (3% I think!)

I was 50

was and am female :)

Hi Karen

Sorry for late reply

This is what is written on the discharge sheet from second operation in sept 08

GDC (?) coiling to R (i suppose they mean Right, but then its been written over we think by L obviously left) internal carotid aneurysm.

Talking about covering all options :lol:

Will try to find original discharge sheet from 1st op if not i will ask my GP.

Sorry its a bit garbled!!!!

love michellexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Karen

The hospital gave me very little information apart from a non aneurysm. My GP however, seems to think it was an aneurysm that healed itself...however, no coiling or clipping was needed.

I was 44 when it happened.

Perhaps I will find out a little more on at my hospital visit on 25 Feb.

Have I forgottten anything????

Jo

Hi Karen

Mine was Post.Right.Comm.Artery Aneurysm (coiled)

The aneurysm had ruptured.

No idea what the coil was made of.

I was 60 years old.

I also have a small aneurysm off a right sylvian fissure arising from the middle cerebral artery (cannot be coiled apparently - would have to be clipped if it ruptured and is in a dangerous place).

Big hug

Lesley xx

Hiya

I was 35 years old. It was a ruptured aneurysm at the bifucation of the Middle cerebral Artery on the Left hand side and was clipped. Just had normal craniotomy (me thinks) with titanium screws etc holding the skull back in place.

Hopefully you can tell by my picture i'm a girl....... :D

hugs

shiree