Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

By registering with us, you'll be able to view our forums in full as well as discuss, share and private message other members of Behind The Gray. Why not join us now?
kempse

Having to make a decision almost 11 years after aneurysm rupture

Last night I was filing a couple of bits to my ever growing 'brain' folder, one being a discharge letter regarding my angiogram last week, the other being a copy of the Consent form that I signed.  The first document being typed and the latter handwritten.

The discharge letter, which is obviously a standard letter has 'right ICA aneurysm' typed under the heading of primary diagnosis (main condition treated).  The Consent form, under the heading Statement of health professional reads: I have explained the procedure to this patient. In particular, I have explained: The intended benefits: "To assess Right ICA aneurysm and cerebral blood vessels prior to further treatment..."

I found this a little disconcerting when the aneurysm they were supposed to be checking is a basilar apex aneurysm and not a right internal carotid artery aneurysm! Two completely different places. 

Fortunately due to the comments made by the radiologist following the procedure I think he was probably looking in the right place! 

It's a bit like the letter I received following the MRI stating my aneurysm was 'not amenable for further endovascular treatment' when in fact it should have read that it "was amenable to further endovascular treatment".

These may just be mistakes, but they don't help my nerves!

Sarah

• Like 2

Sarah

I'd take your folder with these letters to your next appointment and ask them to explain - even if its to point out to them that its not instilling confidence in you if these are mistakes.  Not good for your nerves at all hun x

• Like 3

Sarah, i agree with Sami, definitely take your folder with you next time and ask for explanations. Not good at all for your nerves bless you xx  You just don't need all the extra worry of it all xx Hugs xx

• Like 2

Tell them that you are a bag of nerves over this and stress isn't good for us Sarah,  hope you do get things sorted as it is your head and you want the right diagnosis given.

Good luck XXXX Scary for you xxxxxx  Agrees with Sami and Tina xxxx  Grrr puting you through this xxx

• Like 2

I'd take copies of the letters just incase they miss lay them and take the folder with you like Sami suggests.. 

• Like 2

Thank you all for your replies.  I will do as Sami suggests as I do think it's important to have any written communication to us about our brains factually correct.

Sarah

• Like 1