Having to make a decision almost 11 years after aneurysm rupture

Hi Sarah,

Snow and ice...lovely to look at but not to drive on. I'm so glad you managed and did not have to cancel your scans. Having to wear the mask while in makes it more difficult and uncomfortable I find. Hoping your new scans will provide clarity moving forward. 

Take care,

Ann

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I am ecstatic on this cold, bright and snowy afternoon.  I have just come in from decorating my daughter's new flat and find a letter from the hospital saying,  "I write to advise you that the scans you had on 14th January show everything is stable" :-D 

It then goes on to say "Dr. Dyde has arranged a further scan to be performed in 18 months and we will write to you with the results when they are available. Currently no further treatment is planned"

I am so happy, I could cry!   In fact I didn't just get one letter saying this, I got two - an identical letter which must have been sent just to make sure I'd read the first one correctly!!

I dread to think how many months I have had all this hanging over me, so the relief is immense.  I realise that things may change in the future, but 18 months respite is not to be sniffed at in my book :thumbsup::-D

Sarah x

Archived