Thankyou

ninja

Thankyou for your welcome its good to communicate with people in similar circumstances. My problem is I look well and am overweight so people seem to think I am OK. I had my SAH last Christmas so the festive season is not on the top of my list this year. I used to go out nearly every other night for a few pints or more now I'm happy to stay in. I do go out for a few hours every day, fortunately I am able to drive. To cap it all I was diagnosed with prostate cancer recently but at the moment I am being positive as hopefully it can be treated. Please keep in touch with me I promise not to be miserable. Any Walter Trout, Eric Clapton and Gary Moore fans out there, believe it or not they don't seem to aggravate my headaches.

Cheers Ninja (John)

Sounds like you have good taste in music ! Although a little too quiet for my taste....... (NuMetal,Punk etc) Although my wife realised a longtime ambition this year and saw Bon Jovi live and the concert even opened her eyes to the charms of Nickleback. Welcome to the world of SAH :-)

Scott

Hi John,

Nice to know your proper name! Any time you fancy a natter you know where we all are. Really sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time, it can't be easy to deal with the fall out from the SAH and then being diagnosed with cancer. No wonder that you're feeling tired etc. Being nosey, do you have family around to support you?

I know what you mean about looking well......sometimes, I think that I might wrap a ****** great bandage around my head, with the words "brain damaged" fixed to it. People that are close to me understand, but I sometimes get really fed up with explaining how I am. I know it's not their fault, but it can be so frustrating.

I also know what you mean about xmas ...... when you have so much on your mind it doesn't tend to come at the top of your list. I do however love xmas, it's just being able to brave the shops that I don't like since having the SAH. I still have sight problems, which gives me quite bad dizziness and too much visual stimulation makes me feel like bolting. Most of my shopping I actually do on the internet, including groceries and it's been a godsend.

Do you work?

Who's Walter Trout?? :lol: Must be before my time!!

Keep your chin up John and try to stay positive, but we're all entitled to the odd moan and groan, that's what this site is all about.

Take care,

Love K xx

Hi Karen

Thanks for your reply, Walter Trout is a blues guitarist and was voted 6th best guitarist a couple of years ago, used to play for John Mayall Bluesbreakers??? and Canned Heat, perhaps you are too young. No I'm not working retired used to be a Police Officer!!! (now no one will talk to me). Yes I do have help my wife has been marvellous but it gets to her as well, oh well got to go Asda is calling.

Cheers John

Hi John,

I will have to look Walter Trout up on the net! There's nothing wrong with being a Police Officer! :lol: My son Chris, who helps run this site with me, is looking into a career with the Police.

The family certainly do suffer and I know that it's also very frustrating and worrying for them. It would be good to get some more relatives of SAH sufferers on the site as well, I'm sure that their experiences would be helpful to others going through the same. I think that support is vital to all involved.

Enjoy Asda, rather you than me!

Anyway, away to do some cleaning......having a visit from my parents this afternoon and my house looks like a tip.......that's the trouble with having teenage kids!

Catch you later,

Love K x

Hi John

Got no idea who some of the people is your talking about except Eric Clapton, Bon Jovi. I had to tone my music likes down sadly after my SAH - sadly :(

Nothing wrong with a police officer, my cousin in London is in the Transport Police, & my cousin in Perth, Australia is a Fediral Police Officer he is a body gaurd to a lot of well know people.

Not a great lover of Christmas myself, but like every year it comes around its the people in the shops that get to me I feel like having a big sign on me too 'Balance problem & slow to respond' but they'd just laugh!!!

Take care hear from you soon.

Louise.

Hi John!

I have an old book of Gary Moore xmas carols in my piano bench. I agree with you about the charms of gentle music. Cannot take the hard stuff. About as wild as I get is reggae. This time of year I love Bing Crosby!!

So sorry about your other health concern. I know there are treatments and options for the prostate. Jack gets checked every year now since a scare when his PSA numbers were high. His is enlarged, and he resists treatments for now except for meds. Keep your chin up and keep us informed. We're thinking of you.

xo,

Annie

Hi John

Agree with the other guys - absolutely nothing wrong in being a policeman. Personally I think the job you guys do is underated by the government and the public. I was at the bus stop the other day waiting to come to work and there was a police car at the zebra crossing, two teen agers were walking past and said "PIGS!" so i stopped them and asked if they'd have that opinion of the police if their sister was raped, father murdered or mother mugged and the police caught the criminal and they were put behind bars - they didn't know where to look. The trouble these days is that the young teenagers have no respect for authority or their elders and I think personally that this all comes down to the lack of authority that we as parents now seem to have. I was never worried as a youngster of my father/mother hitting me - I was more worried about disappointing them or hurting and upsetting them. I hope as a parent I have instilled this into my daughter.

Anyway rant over and will now get down off my soap box - again :wink:

Sami xxx

Hi there

Bing Crosby & Nat king Cole used to ring out in my Mum & Dad's house at Christmas she loved all that.

Bing Crosby & White Christmas I always need a box of tissues now, they had Christmas Carols in the re-hab hospital when I was in I wept the whole time. :cry:

Louise.x

Hi All

Sorry I may have confused you the Gary Moore I like is a rock blues guitarist so you probably wouldn't like him, my tastes are varied just watched Katherine Jenkins on DVD, wonderful, she's got everything, looks, personality and a marvellous voice, oh yes and she's Welsh!!! I can dream.

I agree with you all a policeman's hands are tied these days I cringe when I see whats going on now, there are so many obstacles now. The only excitement I get now is watching The Bill and yes Karen Walter Trout has got a website http://www.waltertrout.com.

Have a nice evening

Cheers John

Hi John,

Katharine Jenkins is very pretty and also seems to have a lovely personality!

It's not fair! :lol:

I thought that perhaps Annie was talking about a different Gary Moore!

Just about to go on your link for Walter Trout.

Catch you later,

Love K x