Six years - not that I’m counting!

ClareM

Seems mad that six years ago when I woke in the morning little did I know how much my life would change within 12 hours.

There have been many ups and downs, job changes and friend changes, life is similar but different.

I can’t say it’s worse as I now can’t remember what life was like pre-bleed lol! But I do know that life is slower. 

Will take a run this morning, something I was doing when I had my bleed. May even run past the spot where I first felt that awful headache, confident that it won’t recur today. 

For all of you behind me in your time line, remember life post bleed is not all bad, just different 😉 

Clare xx

Congratulations Clare on your 6 year Anniversary !

Enjoy your run this morning and hope you can celebrate how far you have come xx

3 minutes ago, ClareM said:

For all of you behind me in your time line, remember life post bleed is not all bad, just different 😉 

Loving your positive attitude that reflects in all your caring supportive posts to many on here :)  

Take care stay safe

Love Tina xx

Hello Clare, also a big well done 6 years on.

So glad you didn't choose to give up your running. It's been great to follow the different distance challenges you've set over the years.

Well done for facing your SAH journey challenges, and changing life and work when you knew change was the right thing to do.

Change for you wasn't admitting failure but rather embracing an opportunity to do things differently. 

Thanks for your helpful and encouraging posts to members ...much appreciated. 

Keep on running and enjoying life. 😊

Subs

Hi Clare

Congratulations on your six year anni-versary.

You've certainly been and inspiration and incredible support to so many on here.  Like Subs said, you've set yourself challenges and have never given up reaching those goals.  

You're amazing and I hope your day is too xxxx

Congratulations Claire on you 6th anniversary, you have achieved so much since your bleed, you should be very proud.

You have a wonderful positive attitude and have overcome some challenging times where your working life was concerned, well done also on keeping up with your running, you are an inspiration to us all and will be to the many who come along in the future.

I hope you enjoyed your run this morning and the rest of your special day.

You are truly amazing. 

Love

Michelle xx

Claire congratulations on 6 years and also congratulations on finding what I see as vital to getting on with life...being able to see that it is different, not better...not bad ..hope your run was amazing and hope you hopped over that spot that your headache began....Wishing you all the best and thank you for your wise words...

xx Jean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Belated hugs on six years post SAH, Claire. Well, I am impressed that you are running again. That makes me want to get up and at least walk more. : ) 

In the States we have a saying about your first year of college ~ and, gaining 15 pounds. Well, my first year of COVID has been like that. I have gained several pounds.Okay, so I need to just get out and put on foot in front of the other ~ right?

I hope you had a good run. I like how you say "it is different" ~ it is so true for me and I am still learning that it is good. Thanks for your encouragement. 

Kathy (Colorado)

Archived