Sharon Walkergate

phil13

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone and thanks again,

Sharon is certainly firing up again and tonight, she responded with distinct verbal answers to three questions I asked her in addition to her smiling. It took about a minute for her to process the information but out it came and there was no doubt.

'Are you OK sweetheart?' - 'Hi baby, I am.'

'Have you been in the chair today?' - 'I have.'

Can you lift your left hand up as far as you can?' - this was a tricky one, as she attempted to but responded verbally, I'll have to replay the video on my phone but I think it may have been, 'I can't.'

Last week she asked a few questions of her own, and while they are hard to decipher, they are definite questions.

This is a great development for her and I'm so proud.

I'll keep you posted.

Phil

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while but Sharon continues to slowly but surely improve. I must get a photo posted of her smiling as this is now a regular occurrence when I go in now and is so uplifting. Even perhaps one of the videos.

She is getting quicker and more direct with her responses (this does vary though) and asks questions which unfortunately are hard for me to decipher to which she shows her frustration.

In one such instance, I came off the phone to Edward, and straight away she was saying his name clear as a bell but wondering who he was or perhaps why she should know him.

There isn't really a day where she doesn't say something even if it might only be 'hi baby' or 'help me' which tends to be momentary and more to do with her positioning - some of the nurses have a tendency to place her lower on the bed so that her head is only raised and not her shoulders which irritates her catarrh.

Everybody says they have noticed a big improvement in her over the past six months and I sincerely hope she continues on this course. It will take years, I know but if she continues as I'm sure she is very determined, one day I'll have her home again. Let's hope and pray.

Take care,

Phil

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on here for a while but I thought I'd tell you about my birthday yesterday. I asked Sharon to say 'happy birthday' as I said it would make my day to which she did, bless her.

BUT I DIDN'T EXPECT HER TO SING IT AS WELL!!!

I only realised when I uploaded the videos today and was gobsmacked! The previous day she was asking if I was happy because she worries. She's getting very quick responding, and while at the time it's hard to figure out what she's saying, I tend to miss chunks of her conversation.

When I found the video today and realised she was singing it completely choked me up.

The best birthday present I've ever had!

Take care everyone,

Phil

x

Edited by phil13