Test booked for driving assessment through exceptional case criteria

Hi all,

I'm Laura, after a stroke at age 40 in August 2021 left me with partial sight loss I'm reapplying for my licence under exceptional case criteria. 

I still have quite a lot of blind spots on my left side but concentrated mainly in top left quadrant. 

I have adapted to my condition and can do everything used to do unaided except drive. I live completely independently. Can ride a bike in traffic, play tennis, video games etc.

I have been issued a PDAL and have a date booked for my test at the end of the month.

I am just wandering if I pass the assessment is there a possibility that the medical team that reviews my application will decide that I am still not allowed my licence back? 

I have done a fair bit of driving since getting my PDAL and feel that I am still a competent and safe driver. Just worried that on paper looking at my visual field test I may still be deemed unsafe. 

Trying to stay positive and optimistic that I will get my independence back whilst also preparing for the devastating news that my application is turned down. Would really appreciate some feedback from anyone who has been in my position.

Thanks in advance,

Laura