Skull soft spot after craniotomoy

Guest redsally

Guest redsally

After my craniotomoty for SAH anerysm clipping the doc did not put my skull back. I therefore have a 1 1/2 inch diameter soft spot on my skull behind my left ear. Does anyone else have this? If so, did you consider having another surgery to put something there. It bothers my but so far I have heard just as risky to leave as is as to have surgery again. I don't want to have surgey but it is weird.

Hi

I also had a crainiotomy but my bone removed has been replaced so unfortunately I can't give you any advice. I will mention that were the bone has been replaced does now alter in shape at different times its quite a weird feeling sometimes the scar line can feel very bumpy and painful to touch.

Maybe discuss it with the Neuro when you next have an appointment they obviously never replaced it for a reason.

Janet x

Hi There

I have a Ommaya resevoir on the top of my head. Basically its a small plastic bubble they used to help remove pressure from my brain. In the early days I hated it. It felt like an apartment block on my head, really weird. Now its still at times uncomfortable, but I have gotten used to it and it doesn't feel as weird. (like yourself they won't remove it as they say it poses unnecessary risk)

I'm with Janet. discuss it with your Docs.

Aine x