Are my symptoms getting worse or am I just more aware

Hello, I am new to this group. I had a benign SAH 5-4-24. I recently feel that my headaches, strange feelings in my head, pain down my neck, depression and irritability are getting worse. I have stopped talking about it with friends and family. They think I am back to normal and I look like I am but inside I am far from normal. How long will this last and will it continue to get worse before it gets better?

Welcome to BTG.

In recovery terms you are quite early on, I know it is 6 months since your SAH but in some cases recovery can take much longer than that. 

It is possible that you are doing too much too soon, try to slow down and see what happens then. If that does not help, I would visit your doctor and ask for help. Some survivors suffer with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome although I am not saying that is what is happening to you, only your doctor can diagnose that, if they think that is the case then you could be referred for counselling.

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT MEDICALLY QUALIFIED SO CAN'T GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE.

It is a misapprehension by many that you look okay, so you are okay, many of us have found that. 

• Like 2