Another problem

Guest kaj

Ok, here is the dilemma. I went to the nursing home to learn about some therapies to do with my mom and how to give her the shots. She was leaning to one side of the wheelchair. Sometimes she does this when she is tired. Then she started falling over to the side and kind of went blank. Her blood pressure dropped dramatically and her heart rate was only 48. She did suffer a heart attack with the SAH. They laid her down and she started looking better. They called 911 and they have found nothing wrong with her. Her CAT scan came up with nothing new, EKG was ok and her enzymes on the first blood draw was normal. They are keeping her for 24 hours to observe her. So, now my father is afraid to bring her home. He thinks that if she was at home, she would have died. I am trying to reassure him that she would have been fine. She just had some type of spell. He is very negative and this is making him loose it. How can I help him? He doesn’t want to listen to me or my sister. He thinks we are too positive and unrealistic. I don’t want him getting sick. He was swearing today and using the F word. He never does that. Any advice!!! I am trying to hold it together myself. I have chest, neck and shoulder pain every day. I know it is from stress. I try to calm myself down but his negativity is stressing me even more. I don’t want him to give up on her. He is around her the most and is going to rub his negativity on her. I don’t know what to do anymore. I keep telling him that it is too early. He will not give up the fact that a Rehab doctor said that she would need 24/7 care the rest of her life. I am feeling quite hopeless. Thanks for letting me vent. It really helps or maybe I would go crazy to.

Now I don’t know if she will be coming home. The next few days will tell I guess.

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kim

I'm really feeling for you and pray that things will improve for you all. I'm going to have a talk to my partner to see if she can suggest how to help with your father. My father was in complete denial and therefore problematical about my SAH so I know the family had to try to manage him as well as take in all that had happened to me.

As banal as it sounds in your current state please try and keep positive for your own sake as well as everyone elses.

Thinking of you

Sarah x

Thanks sarah, we are finding out tommorrow from the doctor is they will let her come home with us or not. He said her blood pressure was to low yesterday but is better today. I hope they will let us take her home. We already have a caregiver ready. We don't want to lose her. They are doing another CAT scan which I don't understand since they did one in the ER less than 10 hours from when she came in. Who knows? So far they have found nothing but the new CT scan has not come back yet.

Tommorrow will hopefully bring no news which is good news.

Thanks,

Kim