Third Nerve Palsy

I would be interested to know if anybody else has had a third nerve palsy due to their SAH. My eye was totally shut after the SAH and even though it's opened up, my vision on the right side is still slightly slower. I'm now 15 months post SAH and I've found that it has affected me probably worse than the actual SAH. Now undergoing physio for my brain to adapt to being outside of its comfort zone.......I still have some double vision and pain when I look up, especially to the left. It's affected many aspects of my life and still makes me feel dizzy and unbalanced.

I have found it pretty debilitating, but I'm sure that I can't be the only one out there to have had this.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Karen x

Good morning Karen,

Heather had 3rd nerve palsy and he r eye was shut for months. Its totally cleared up now.

On the other hand she had tersons syndrome in her right eye. Its when a vein bleeds inside the eyeball and it fills with blood. It is still clearing up and if she chooses she can have an operation to remove any residual blood.

Other than that her eyesight is fine. We are waiting for a field of vision test again to see if she will be allowed behind the wheel of a car again.

See ya soon.

Andy