Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Good

About tricia0304

  • Rank
    New Member
  1. Hi My husband suffered a SAH 7 years ago and ended up in hospital and rehab for a year. He had a vp shunt fitted and was on epilepsy meds for a coupe of years. He made a very good recovery and was independent etc although his short term memory was terrible. Anyway last July he suffered a bad seizure and was hospitalised and put back on meds. He then had further episodes of seizures and/or tia in November, February and April when he was hospitalised for 2 months. They cant confirm if its a tia or seizure as he cant have an MRI scan due to his clipping. H
  2. Hi I've not posted for a long time as my husband was doing really well and improving day by day and I really thought we were over the worse. My husband had a SAH in 2013 and spent a year in hospitals/rehab. He is currently coming off keppra medication and will hopefully be meds free in a few weeks. The problem is his drinking. He has always been a heavy drinker as that was his business however he is now in the pub every day and the life and soul of the party then he comes home and its hell. He suddenly becomes very nasty and says terrible things to myself and the kids but cant rem
  3. Hi All I have not posted in a long time so probably best to update you all. My husband finally got home at Xmas after having his SAH clipped and coiled in April last year and suffering numerous complications. Had follow up angiogram in December - they thought they may have to do some more coiling but it was ok - and his neurosurgeon signed him off in May for good as he only had the one aneurysm. Things settling down and he is making very good progress. Physically no problems but still can seem confused and disorientated at times and obviously short term memory issues but overall I c
  4. Hi My husband had a sah (frontal lobe) on 10 april which they clipped and assured us it wouldn't bleed again. Two weeks later he began seizing and they discovered it had bled again. From that point on it was all downhill. His external drain got infected; he had two chest infections; he had a shunt inserted and then taken out because of his chest infection and then reinserted two weeks later. He was in and out of ITC and HDU like a yoyo. They had to change his seizure meds as they couldn't get his seizures under control. I remember on one occasion they couldn't find any veins left to in
  5. Thanks so much to all you guys. Feeling much more positive. Had a good day today. When I asked him where he was he said "in the hospital" which is a first and the speech therapist said that he told her all about his brain injury today which is the first time he's said this to her. Also he told me he was having flashbacks. Much more relaxed today xx
  6. My husband has now been in hospital for 7 months now. The last two in the the rehab unit. Had SAH on 10 April. Clipped on 13 April. Two weeks later second bleed from same aneurysm: either the clip had malfunctioned or the surgeon hadn't caught the full thing, which was then coiled. Things went downhill rapidly after that. Two bouts of pneumonia and a dvt. Anyway having been through the mill we then arrived in the PDRU unit. Now physically doing great. Buzzing round with a zimmer and moving about without it although this greatly upsets the nurses as they say he is now more of a danger a
  7. I feel your pain. My husband had a massive bleed in April. It was clipped and he was sitting up in a chair although still very confused but talking and moving etc when two weeks later he had a second bleed. Either the surgeon had not clipped it totally or the clip moved. He was then coiled. Then the problems started he had two chest infections and was in and out of intensive care, hdu units. He had a shunt inserted and then got an infection and had to have it removed and then reinserted a week later. He also had a DVT. He had gloves on the whole time coz he was always pulling out his
  8. My husband has been in hospital since 10/4/13 with a Sah, (clipped then 2nd bleed 2 weeks later). He was transferred 4 weeks ago to the local hospital while we wait for a bed in the specialist rehab unit at the SGH in Glasgow. He is doing really well, standing up with support and marching on the spot. He can understand, speak, read and write although still a lot of cognitive work to be done. Anyway to get to the point, he is not sleeping well at night and is trying to get out of bed and pull out his catheter etc then he is sleeping all morning. The docs are suggesting giving him nighttime
  9. My husband had a SAH on 9/4/13. He had the clipping at the Southern General Hospital but it wasn't all caught or the clip moved and he had a 2nd bleed 2 weeks later which was then coiled. He had a shunt inserted and then taken out due to infection and then reinserted. He has had chest infections. He had pulled his feeding tube out and when they reinserted it they accidentally punctured his lung. He has now had to move out of the surgical ward at the SG as he doesnt require any more surgery and is in a medical ward at the Victoria awaiting transfer back to the SG rehab unit, where he has b
  10. Hi Has anyone had any experience of The Huntercombe Services Murdostoun Brain Injury Rehabiliation Centre in Glasgow? I think its in Wishaw. Tricia
  • Create New...