New grandmother

good evening

I know there are a lot of you who are already experienced grandmothers so I would like to seek some advice. I am still recovering, must admit very slowly, from my sha/coiling 7 months ago. I continue rather depressed and therefore the news has not come in a very good moment for me. I really dont feel as happy as I should ?? Fear I may not be able to cope with a noisy baby (still drag tiredness) and help my daughter as she needs. Can you pls bring some light into this?

thks in advance:confused::confused:

Oh Luisa, I'm so sorry you feel that way. I have no advice, I'm afraid, as I'm not a gran, but I wanted to send you a virtual hug!!

I do understand a bit how you feel, however, when you say you feel you won't be able to help your daughter: my 19 yr old daughter is due to have an op to correct a squint on 4th May and I just can't help her - we don't have a car, so I can't drive her there, and as a mother I would want to be there as she goes in for her anaesthetic and be there when she comes round, but I don't know how I'm going to do that. We're hoping her dad will step up to the plate, but he's been notorious for letting her down in the past...

Take care and BIG HUGS! I hope when the news has had time to sink in, you'll feel happier about it.

Hi luisa, congratulations on becoming a granny, Merrill and i have 6 grandchildren and a new great greatdaughter,Merrill had her sah just over 12 months ago, and the rehab doctor said keep the visits with grand children down to 15 minutes and make sure you don't over do it , but in reality it does'nt work like that, but they don't cry all the time and for her it's worked out quite well,your daughter will understand that you won't be able to do all you might liked to, but do what you feel able and i am sure some days will be better than others,and i think kids being kids some days it's lovely when they come to see you, but it's better when they go home, i think thats me just being an old fart though, Best wishes Rod

Hi Luisa

Congratulations when is the baby due. My youngest grandson was only 14 months when I had my SAH and the others were just under 3 and Owen was nearly 7. I found them very tiring in the first few months but it has got easier as they've got older. Can't stand it when they start shouting and screaming though generally shut myself in another room til they calm down.

I'm sure that by the time your daughter has the baby you may find that it will be easier than you think and there is nothing better than cuddling and playing with little ones.

Congratulations Luisa :)

My grandson was 2 when I had my SAH and I did find that I could only manage short amounts of time with him, but I enjoyed it just the same and could still give advice and encouragement to my daughter. He makes me feel glad that I am still here to see him growing up :)

thks to all

I still have plenty of time to continue recovering as baby isdue in November its just that I feel Im not as happy as i should be but at the same time I´ve never been a grandmother before so not much experience. Under normal circumstances I would be knitting away and looking round for all sorts of baby stuff but I simply dont have the energy. Perhaps by the time i see him/her my feelings will have changed and I can give her the support she needs in the meantime.

Jay Kay its really too early on your recovery, pls take care. I waited in hospital with my mum since 2 oclock in the morning till about 10 the next days 3 monght after my sha and it took me 3 days to recover . I really hope your daughters father makes it at least this time or perhaps a friend. Losts of hugs to you as well