11 Years since SABH

I’m in the UK and had a Brain Hemorrhage when I was 18 years old, I was only in hospital for a week and came out fine. Or as fine as you can be. I had trouble adjusting afterwards as I was constantly on tablets for roughly a year I think.

I don’t seem to be able to remember much at all. I get fatigued pretty quickly and over the last couple of days I’ve been getting small piercing pains behind my left eye where I had the anuerysm, I don’t know if this is just my brain overthinking everything as this happens 11 years ago on February 7th

If anyone has felt the same pain or has any advice I would be very grateful, I don’t want to mention it to my family as they worry as soon as I say anything about it or any headaches which I suppose is understandable

• Like 2

Hi there CSmith, you'll find lots of really helpful stuff here as you go through the next part of your recovery. I've found that the best way is to look at all the posts regardless of whether they seem to apply to my situation or not, and just roam freely - I've found some amazingly helpful stuff here.

You will see that nobody will offer you specific advice, but without exception they will support you.

It seems like your incident was a few years ago now and that you're coping with the new you, but I've found that it never really goes away completely and small things trigger a bit of a fear response from me and my imagination can go into overdrive.

Like you, I didn't want my family to worry when I was having some discomfort or struggles with fatigue and didn't want to trouble my GP with it all as it seemed a bit weak, but once I got myself over this and owned up, I found my GP helped immensely, the stress lifted.  I start to feel better fairly quickly now I've learned to delegate some of the management of my tiredness to my family and I've found that de-stressing helps me cope better than before and the pains, while still there, don't seem as threatening and don't last as long.

I'm sure you will find a solution that helps you personally, but do get medical advice and share with your family if you are able to.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1