ultra sound

Hi

I wasn't sure whether to post this thread or not as I don't want to alarm anyone when they're no need though at the same time it's good to share information.

My GP is sending me for an ultra sound to check for an aortic aneurysm. There is apparently a general screening programme being introduced by the NHS (I think it's for high risk groups such as men 65 and over) but my GP decided to send me as there is a history of both subarachnoid and aortic aneurysms in the family though no one's had both. I have no symptoms of an aortic aneurysm and haven't been worried about having one. I'm also not aware of a connection between a subarachnoid and an aortic anni and my GP hasn't suggested there is.

I'm just posting this as I feel it's important to discuss family history with your GP.

Warm wishes

Anne

I had an abdominel ultra sound and they tested for aortic aneurysm.

After getting 4 CT scans, a catheter angio and 2 MRI's and every vein I have been shot up with some material, the ultrasound was the only test I actually enjoyed lol

Hope your test goes well