Hi and thanks for leading me here Hannah

Guest Rhonda

Guest Rhonda

My forum experience has just begun today and yet I had multiple burst annies almost two years ago.

Anyone out here who is experiencing reccuring pounding headaches after having been ok for awhile?

Hi Rhonda and welcome! :D

You don't say how long a period that you've gone without the headaches? How long do the headaches last?

I had my SAH, July 2005 and the recovery has been like a yo-yo.....I can go through a few months of having the occasional headache, which could be normal and not related to the SAH.....but then I get spells where I can have a continual headache for about a week and I definetly know that it's SAH related, as it affects my eye and the fatigue kicks off again.

Guest Rhonda

Hi Karen,

It took a few, like four months after surgery before I felt considerably well and that lasted for about nine months. Then last november, my energy dropped, head pains started and in december things started going bad again. I haven't been able to get an appointment with my neurosurgeon (he's too busy). I'm on naproxen for the cervical hernia (started in december) it doesn't help much and it's destroying my whole digestive system. All I have for the practically always present head pain (continual since this January) is morphine, 1mg every four hours. I honestly don't have a life this year. 2007 has been a test altogether. I've only been able to take maybe 5 walks. But my mental clarity gets better with the increasing pain.

Thanks for asking. I wish I could find another neurosurgeon somewhere in Canada who could see me soon. I was told I woulnd't experience anymore pain and that things would goo great. My small disability pension doesn't go far. I'd like to get back to work someday, at least be able to excercise and get back some muscle tone.

take care,

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

Sounds as though you're going through a real rough patch. It's only been in the last couple of weeks, that I've felt as though I've finally turned a corner. I've suffered constant dizziness, which has stopped me from being able to walk very far and also leaving the house. Like yourself, in my 19 months post SAH, I've also felt as though I didn't have a life, so you have my every sympathy.....it makes you feel so low.

Unlike your own recovery, mine has been consistently slow going, with intermittent head pain and pressure in the head. When I have a really bad week, then the fatigue and mental clarity worsens. I don't know anything about Naproxen, but could the drug be giving you any side effects, as you say that the head pains also started in December? I've certainly noticed that since the SAH, side effects from drugs seem to affect me more.

Know what you mean about getting back to work....I'm still not fit enough...look forward to the day when I am! I've just started at the gym, well last week and I'm so pleased that I can actually manage it now. However, it feels as though it's been a long time coming and I've suffered a few bouts of depression in the past with my lack of progress.

Sending you a hug.....keep your chin up,