Four months on/migrains

Guest troopersway

Guest troopersway

Hi All and its been a while since I was on the site which was my salvation following SAH in August this year and spending 8 weeks on the couch! However, after only 8 weeks since SAH I went back to work - not bad although my office is in the house so far more easier than going out to work. Following SAH in August I had what they suspect was a TIA in September whcih has left me with numbness/weakness etc but a stick helps. I had bad migrains before my SAH and just commented to hubby last week that have not had one since, then out of the blue had a migraine come on Monday. Has anybody else noticed a reduction in migrains post SAH? Off for a follow up MRI on 27th December so hoping for good news as I am at high risk of same again!

Take care all

Hiya,

I've had a reduction in migraines since the SAH, but I'm just getting over one at the minute ..... I'm on a drug called Propranolol, that's helped to reduce them, so now they're many months apart. However, I still find the migraines a bit scary since the SAH and they tend to knock me for six and take quite a few days to completely clear.

It would be quite interesting to find out how many of us did or didn't suffer from migraine pre-SAH ..... I find that I always feel pretty tense before I get an episode of them ... I'm never sure why I feel anxious/tense and there's no particular reason for feeling stressed. It's weird. I don't think that my migraines are food related and can't seem to find the cause, apart from the tense feeling, so perhaps that's a warning sign, along with the aura and loss of vision.