Cannot open my mouth

Guest malathi

Guest malathi

Hi..don't know if I had posted in the right forum..

I had SAH on Jan 5th 2008 and underwent 2 major surgeries. After my second surgery I am not able to open my mouth completely. I am facing very tough time to eat food as I can open 1cm. Doctor said that she had to go deeper to treat one anneurysm and it could have touched the jaw.

Can I get any suggestions or advices on my problem??

Malathi

Hi Malathi

Did you have a craniotomy and clips put on the Aneurysms. I was clipped and because the slice through the jaw muscle it makes the jaw saw and stiff to move.

It took a few months before I could open my mouth completely and I also found it really awkward eating for quite some time it does get better eventually.

I read somewhere that chewing gum can help as it loosens the muscles I can't stand the stuff so don't know if it works as I didn't try.

Hope that helps and welcome to the site look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Janet x

Hi Malathi,

If you had clips then I wouldn't worry about it at all I couldn't get my mouth around a mcdonalds cheese burger ( those are really thin) very easily used to have to sqaush them. It will get better hang in there. Jess.xxx

Guest janey

Hi Malthi

As the others said, I was told it was the jaw muscle, took a few months to get over the problems, but they just sort of disappeared with time. I drank through straws.

I remember yawning was a problem, it is painful, so you have my every sympathy. Hope you feel better soon.

take care jane

Guest malathi

HI..

Thanks for the response.. yeah even the doctor said they had to open the musscle deeper to clip the anneurysm. I just hope it will get better in time. I have Physiotherapy appoint this friday for the same and hope they suggest me something which could open my mouth.

I am facing real tough time to open my mouth to eat hard food. But somehow managing though I am taking long time to eat.

bye

Malathi