Pheochromocytoma

Guest barney

Hi Folks,

Just a note to find out if anyone has had this condition diagnosed and credited with causing your SAH. This question stems from a recent visit to a GP, who looked at my 24 hr blood pressure record and noted that there were a number of unexplained "spikes" (BP 170 - 185). Such spikes can be caused by this condition. The condition is a tumour within the adrenal cortex, and the presence of this tumour can cause an increase in adrenalin levels, which in turn can cause blood pressure to spike. The increased adrenalin levels or byproducts can be present within urine so tests are done on a 24 hr urine sample. Apparently the tumour can be excised using laproscopic surgery and the condition is alleviated almost immediately. Any comments would be appreciated.

Take care,

Barney

Hi Folks,

Karen - no I have not yet been diagnosed with this conditon but am being tested at the moment for variations in the levels of a number of hormones which will determine if I have the condition. It would make a nice story if I was diagnosed with this conditon and they could remove the tumur that should be the cause. I will update you as events unfold.

Annie - suggest you "Google" the condition, I am sure that you will find the information you require.

Cheers,

Wayne

Hi Wayne, (can't get used to calling you Wayne after calling you Barney!! :lol: )

Well, if you're diagnosed with this one, it would make a great story!....at least it would explain why you had your SAH....do you feel that it would give you some peace of mind as to why you had the bleed?

It's all very interesting stuff!

Take care of yourself,

Love K x

Hi Kare,

Yes I guess it would make a nice story if I did have this conditon, if it caued my SAH and they were able to remove any cysts found. Might be a bit hopeful however. I am still awaiting the intial hormone results so will keep you posted on my progress.

By the way we will stick with Barney as that is what all my sons surfing friends call me.

Cheers,

Barney