7 weeks post bleed now. I’m pleased to say I’m having more good days than bad now, well st least days when I have energy. The pain in right temple is constant and spreads round the eye socket, like someone is try to bore into my head. It fades with paracetamol and codiene but never goes. Also have tension headaches. 

Feeling pressured I may need to return to work soon, as I’m now on half pay. With it being just me and my three girls,  finances may dictate my return to work, even if I’m not ready. 

Speech also continues to be an issue, the stuttering is frustrating but I have now been referred for speech therapy by my GP. 

My life feels in limbo just now, will have days where I’m ok and coping then I crash, with no energy. I’m unable to drive yet, so walking a lot which I like, but used to take my girls out to forests and beaches and now we are stuck. 

Hopefully I will be able to drive again soon, just waiting for the DVLA to clear me. 

Well that’s my whinge over, hope everyone else is recovering well. My thoughts are with anyone who’s gone through this. 

Niki, it’s a long process with a few bumps along the way . I recall the frustration of not being able to take my daughters out and just pop in the car , it was well over a year before I got my license and mojo back to drive but I never again will take for granted the independence driving offers me.

sorry to hear the pain is bad, I use a heated wheat bag when I get aches and pains and still do to this day. They aren’t as extreme but did help me 

if you arent ready or able to go back and finances are stretching then may be worth seeing if you can claim any Help  . Think Headway and Citizens advice can offer a view there .

good luck. 

Nikki,  I hope the pain subsides over time.  My understanding is it takes a while for the brain to filter the blood away.  Until then, well it just hurts.  The filter is a bit clogged and it takes time to clear out.  Best wishes as you continue to improve.

Archived