hearing problem

has anybody ,had problems with There ears after a sah(like deafness) I do have an ear Infection at present,but does that cause any deafness,I had a couple of bad days again,and (Iam on antibiotics)but really felt pretty rough to day,(much more dizzyiness) head feels as if I am miles away and not really here,Iam only 8 weeks since sah(but this seems a new one)could this be early symptons that others had at my stage,8 weeks thanks for any help, .......love prue

Guest ElaineW

Hi Prue - I can't say that my mum has had deafness but she often says that she can hear her voice echoing back on her which is rather unpleasant and wierd. . Hope the others will be able to help you more.

Elaine

Hi Prue :D

Yes i also got deafness and ear infection, but my ear was blocked from my surgery, when they suctioned it out....it did all settle. I hope all improves for you soon, as i know how uncomfortable and confusing it can be with the dizzyness.

Take care

Love Tina xx

thanks elaine for your reply i to can hear my voice , i really find it quite annoying especially with all the other symptoms . thank you again ..........love prue x

Hi Prue - I can't say that my mum has had deafness but she often says that she can hear her voice echoing back on her which is rather unpleasant and wierd. . Hope the others will be able to help you more.

Elaine

hi evelyn what a carry on, all these awfull symptoms , it is so scary,(I suppose i did not notice some that i am now getting as I had such bad double vision to cope with , and the dizzyiness,well must soldier, on i have a long way to go,as its only 8 weeks since sah. catch you again love prue x

HI PRUE

I HAVE HAD TROUBLE HEARING SINCE SAH AND IT HAS BEEN 3 YEARS, AND AS FOR FEELING MILES AWAY I GET THAT FEELING UPON OCCASION ASWELL.

LOVE AND HUGS EVELYN

hi tina what a pest this all is, I have had 3 really bad days (dont know quite what to do with myself Iwonder if some of it is antibiotics playing me up as well)still I really must try and fight over the top of it, catch you later, love prue,x

Hi Prue :D

Yes i also got deafness and ear infection, but my ear was blocked from my surgery, when they suctioned it out....it did all settle. I hope all improves for you soon, as i know how uncomfortable and confusing it can be with the dizzyness.

Take care

Love Tina xx

hi caroline thanks thanks for your reply, have just had a hearing test and waited 6 weeks to get my hearing aid (it was a digital hearing aid ) when i got home wondered why I could not hear with it, stuck it for a week changed the battery as i thought it was no good stuck it in my ear (It nearly blew my head off )nothing on it to ajust the hearing phoned them up they said not been ajusted right so have to wait untill 8th of dec to get it altered so i am not doing so well ,Imust go now to get some dinner catch you later ,

Hi Pru

Yes I have had some deafness and Tinnitius in my right ear since my SAH, have been for a hearing test am waiting to see consultant. Its very annoying but perhaps a small price to pay!

Hope yours improves soon

caroline :D

Guest Beth1957
hi caroline thanks thanks for your reply, have just had a hearing test and waited 6 weeks to get my hearing aid (it was a digital hearing aid ) when i got home wondered why I could not hear with it, stuck it for a week changed the battery as i thought it was no good stuck it in my ear (It nearly blew my head off )nothing on it to ajust the hearing phoned them up they said not been ajusted right so have to wait untill 8th of dec to get it altered so i am not doing so well ,Imust go now to get some dinner catch you later ,

Sorry to read that you're having problems, Prue. My husband recently got digital hearing aids and they've had to go back twice each so far for adjustment, but they're great now!

(He got one for each ear, but he'll only wear one at a time, They're absolutely tiny so I have to peer really hard to see which side of his head I should be speaking to :wink: )