Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


ADTARIQ last won the day on March 6 2015

ADTARIQ had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

17 Good


  • Rank
    New Member
  • Birthday March 1

Profile Information

  • Gender


  • Biography
    "Personal best is temporary"
  • Interests
    Pittsburgh Steelers, Anything Having to Do With Music None Hate Reading The Shawshank Redemption, Lu
  • Occupation
    University IT Director
  • SAH/Stroke Date
    March 2, 2012

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.


    The Event

    March 2012 - I got off of the massage table at the spa and when I stood up, my head began to throb and I felt excruciating pain I have never before felt. The word headache does not do the pain any justice at all. I got hot and then began to sweat. I made it to my car, started home and then felt and heard a POP in the back of my neck that felt like someone suddenly hit me with their fist. I managed to drive 7 miles home, my husband rushed me to the hospital where I finally passed out. I was determined to stay awake until I got to the hospital because I was afraid I would not wake up again.
  2. While on the freeway driving home after working out in the morning, enjoying my birthday spa massage gift at noon and looking forward to my birthday dinner (which was planned for that evening), I felt a "pop" in the back of my head near my neck. My vision went crazy and my head felt like it was about to explode. Fortunately, I was able to slowly keep driving, make it the rest of the way home about 7 miles and have my husband get me to the hospital. From there, I don't remember much until I woke up in NICU at the local hospital about 36 hours later hooked up to many machines and sur
  3. Welcome Jillian, You will find much love and support here on this site. It really helped me. Take time to heal and get better. That is what is most important. I wish you all the best.
  4. Welcome Julie. You will get better. Our circumstances are very similar. It has been 18 months for me and I am feeling very well. It is traumatic, shocking and scary ... even more so when you leave the hospital and come home. For me, I remember feeling as if I was watching someone else's life unfold, not mine. And my family was just happy that I was alive and did not want to talk about it. One I found this site I realized that I was not alone. Take it easy, rest a lot as that is very important to a full recovery. This too shall pass.
  5. I still get headaches but I try to roll with it. I am still taking neurontin but in small doses to wean off of it. Sometimes it gets me down a little, but I remember how it could be so worse. I also know that I get mentally fatigued more easily than before so I try to recognize that and prevent it from happening.
  6. I had my SAH one year ago on March 2nd. I am blessed that I have fully recovered, am back to my normal routine including back at work. It took me about 6 months to begin to feel really normal again to some degree. I think I tire more easily and I still get headaches. I am due for a one year follow-up CT scan within the next few weeks. My quick action, my husband's and the excellent neurosurgeon and hospital trauma center that I went to all factored into that recovery. I wish you all the best as well.
  7. Thank you for your response. I agree completely with what you wrote. I actually have a hard time telling anyone that I don't feel good, or I am not having a good day because I don't feel like I have the right to complain about it since at least I am alive. Also, whenever I get ready to say I have a headache, I stop myself because of the reactions of my friends, family and co-workers. They get terrified when I say that I have a headache so I usually keep that to myself. I have good and bad days. I am happy now to have people that understand to talk to.
  8. Jen, I have to add, I was a Christian and pretty spiritual but not devout before my SAH. As soon as I was in hospital having scans and then finding out what was wrong, I just started praying. I said the Lord's Prayer, Hail Mary and anything I could think of, but especially the phrase "if you believe, what are you afraid of?". And I say hand on heart that I was the calmest I have ever been in my life! My brain surgeon even said to me once "someone up there loves you" because I had such a bad bleed I think she was not sure of my outcome. Sorry to waffle, but I have to say, just look at us "o
  9. Thanks for your response. Counseling helped some but not much. I think that I needed to talk to people like me, not to a counselor. You are right, my husband was cool calm and collected when he drove me to the hospital but he still beats himself up for not acting immediately. When I got home, I knew something was wrong and I would not go in the house because I had the feeling that if I went inside, I would not make it out. He told me come in and lay down for a while. I told him no I need to go to the hospital now. Once I started to vomit, he knew something was really wrong and took me.
  10. The day started out just as any other day. It was the Friday after my birthday. My husband and I both took the day off from work to celebrate all day. I got up, walked 4 miles, showered and went to my massage appointment at the spa. When I got up from the massage table, my head started to throb and then it felt as if it was going to explode. I spent a few extra minutes in the room before I came out, went to the counter paid for the services and went to my car. I called my husband to tell him I was on the way home and he said he had prepared a light lunch since later that evening we had d
  • Create New...