Blood spill in eye

HI!

I have a blood spill in my right eye. I had felt it like twitching a little in the last two weeks and as I have an awful cold I have felt my head badly strained from the coughing and sneezing fits. My nose-throat connection has never been the same since the surgery and complete intubation I had to live with for months.

Yesterday, after a particularly bad unstoppable coughing fit I though my head would burst and something must have. I have an appointment with my GP again tomorrow for the cold and I will also ask her about my eye.

Has anyone had this or heard of anything related to it? It is quite scary to say the least. Thanks.

Nurianna

Hi Nurianna

It probably is connected to your cold. A month before my SAH I had been out for the evening. At 5am I was being violently sick, this was the Sunday. At work on the Monday my right eye was full of blood, at the top underneath my eye lid. I had had a stomping headache between bouts of vomiting on the Sunday morning. I now know that that was a warning bleed, as having blood in your eye is a sign. But I must stress the headache was excrutiating. I'm sure yours is due to your cold but it would be a good idea to mention to your GP.

Liz xx

Hi

Its probably a small blood vessell thats burst i remember about a month after my SAH and still on asprin i rubbed my eye and ended up with a total blood shot/black eye which took ages to disappear.

It may be the pressure on coughing and sneezing i always have the same thing happen when i am sick.

Sorry not much help hopefully you gp will have plenty of answers, take care.

Love Michelle C x