severe pain in buttock

hi,

i am just over 2 weeks since my perimesencephalic SAH and have had severe pain in my left buttock for about a week now. I am unable to sit down, can only lie on my side and cannot walk for long, has anyone else encountered this?

Hi Parf, welcome to BTG. Its great that you found us so early! I also had a perimesencephalic bleed. I wonder if your pain is in your lower back as well? Mine was down through my lower back and I had a hard time doing anything. I would lay down but then every couple of hours I would walk slowly through the house for 20 minutes or so because laying down hurt so much. When walking hurt too much I would lay down again. I used a hot water bottle 24/7 for a few weeks.

We are told the pain is from the blood being reabsorbed through the spine from the brain. It hurt me most right at the bottom of my spine. I remember saying to my husband 'I had a brain hemorrhage, why does my bum hurt so much?'. We laughed but the pain was agony.

I'm having a tough time with memory right now but I think it lasted 2 or 3 weeks like that and then started to fade. I bought a heating pad and used it for about 6 weeks and began seeing a chiropractor for relief. She also suggested heat and ice intervals which worked well. I could barely walk when I started seeing the chiropractor and I probably would have healed without her but I like to think she helped the process move along.

Get lots of rest, drink lots of water. Some say 3 litres a day! It really does help to keep the head feeling better.

Ask anything you want, these people here are amazingly supportive!!

Sandi K.

thanks sandi

i have no pain whatsoever in my lower back its just in my left buttock but the pain seems very similar to yours, i am unable to sleep for long there doesn't seem to be anything i can do to ease the pain except very strong painkillers which give me some relief but not for long. I also suffered severe sinus pain for a few days after which the consultants could not understand, its of great comfort to me that i found alot of people on this site have also gone through.

I haven't had pain in bum but I have been told I am one !!!!!!

But seriously...my bumbone hurt all the time until I got proper cushion (cannot spell coccyx).... and my cheeks get sore If sit too much.....get backache when I stand too long, so catch 22 do I have Backache or botty ache hmmmmmmh.......

Better go my hubbys getting the hump at England losing to Switzerland....all he has said for the last 20mins is "bliming useless" ...lol ....

I walk like an old woman...perhaps it's because I am lol but I do have trouble walking .. been told I wont walk again but I walked in Garden and to car...keep perservering you will walk stronger each day

Don't Give Up Ever x

I wish you well with back and bums ...if pain doesn't go ask in mobility centres see if they can help

Good luck

Regards

WinB x

Edited by Winb143

Win you always make me smile! :-D

Parf, many of us have sinus pain too. It's amazing to me that we all share similar symptoms but clinicians don't know that. I believe they send us home and don't pay atttention to anything beyond that!

Keep checking in with your GP to make sure all is ok. My sinus pain has lasted off and on since the event and it's been 6.5 months. I do have longer periods of relief in between episodes of pain now but it used to be constant. A warm or cold cloth over the eyes feels wonderful!

I'm glad you are asking questions and that you found us so soon!

Sandi K.

Parf listen to Sandi she is soooo sensible and seems so kind (Well ok she laughs at my remarks )

Parf keep smiling and singing it does help...remembering songs helps your brain and smiling keeps you happy ....so after 3 Smile ..............a1 a2 a3 ...............SMILE

Sandi ta xx

Regards

WinB x