SAH recovery

Hi all my name is mark I've just been released from hospital after SAH and three aneurysm . I got 1st one done on 3rd June 2012 this was the SAH which had been bleeding all night I got that one coiled through the groin to stop the bleeding, I thought I was doing great the day after the procedure i had a shower and was able to walk to the toilet,when i woke up next morning i couldn't move, the pain was excruciating I couldn't move for 3 days i was vomiting and had severe headaches and couldn't look at light by the 4th day i was coming round and was soon off the drip and walking around again so had my second procedure to coil the other 2 which weren't bleeding I had this op done on 11th June and i was dreading it as I presumed it would be twice as long as the first op with twice the anaesthetic etc.To my surprise I woke up after it feeling hungry and in no pain whatsoever , this feeling continued for the next few days and I was released to go home on 13th June the consultant told me they hadn't operated on the third aneurysm because of the position it was in and the shape it is there isn't much chance of it bursting in the future but they will be keeping an eye on it just in case.I cant believe how quickly ive recovered. I put it down to praying and thinking positively,I only hope my experience can help someone out there and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Markieb,

I was immobile for some time as well and on a feeding tube for 3 weeks. It was such a strange feeling not being able to talk or move even though I could understand everything going on around me. My recovery has been slow, but good. With many issues coming up as time marches on...I am 10months post now. I developed post traumatic stress because I almost died and then they couldn't find any reason for the SAH. I didn't have an aneurysm. I didn't have an AV malformation either. Unknown. Very disheartening not to put an answer to it all. That being said, I didn't require brain surgery and the likelihood of me ever having an issue like this again is much lower than if they had identified an aneurysm...and I have no risk factors at all.

I hope you'll find BTG helpful and supportive as it is sometimes hard to find that support elsewhere from people who've actually been there. It sounds like you're doing great now and that's something to celebrate.

Take care,

~Kris

Mark Hi

Mark it is early days for you....but you will get better....give it time as it is early days yet...relax and take it easy ......

You will know when better...family start to moan at you...j/k....

Look back in 2 weeks etc etc...see how far you have come on....be patient and just rest....boring but good for you xx

Give brain a chance and Good Luck on recovery xx

Regards

WinB143 xx